aution GRADE 3 cars............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aution GRADE 3 cars............

wat are the grade 3 cars like on IC?, how would i know if the car have any engine problems?, how would i know if it will run?,
    sorry i just want to know more about the cars i wanna get.

Email them and tehy should give you al the details they know about the cars. Usually if they are broker cars, they know quite a bit.

Turbo_Steve bought a grade 3 car I think... just look at the threads of all he had done on the car.. that's what you might expect from a grade 3.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

You need to make this post an email and send it to the boys at IC.
      EDIT: spikey beat me to the punch! BTW I think steve's car was an R grade.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Exterior Grading;

5: As new with no condition faults

4.5: Very clean, one panel affected by minor paint blemish

4: One to two panels affected by minor paint blemishes

3.5: Two panels affected by paint blemishes and minor panel work required

3: Rough overall condition with numerous blemishes on several panels
        and work required

2.5: Rough panels and paint all round

2: Some serious panel damage

1.5: At the absolute limit

0 A or R: Accident damage and repair( depending onj severity or Quality of repair is sometimes unnoticeable

Interior grading;

A: As new with no condition faults

B: Slightly dirty

C: Clean but with cigarette burn/s

D: Cigarette burns or dirty interior (stains)

...i think I.C. has this on their website as well

Comment

how about mechanical problems, how will i know?

Comment

Originally posted by felixy69
            Mechanical problems show up in the inspector's notes on the auction sheet. I've seen comments like: engine/strange noise, oil leak, exhaust color (burning oil/coolant), transmission does not shift properly.
            Christian of

Comment

Bah.. Chritian beat me to it. I'm sure there are grade 3 cars that need major over - hauls not long after purchase, and I've heard of R grade cars looking just as good as new. Problem is is how good the seller made the car up before it was sold. You can usually find fairly good R rated vehicles, but you're really rolling the dice on quality.
              -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
              1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

I think I will move this to FAQ
                marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

Originally posted by aerocabin
                  Mechanical problems show up in the inspector's notes on the auction sheet. I've seen comments like: engine/strange noise, oil leak, exhaust color (burning oil/coolant), transmission does not shift properly.
                  I take it that all the cars are driven then if shifting quality is reported ?

Are the inspections always the same? What I mean is are they all driven (if possible) or are there circumstances where sometimes you only get to hear the engine running?

Do you guys fill out your own auction sheets or are they provided to you? Who does the inspections?

If nothing appears in the inspector`s notes about the mechanical condition of the motor, does that just mean that there is nothing obvious to report or that there were no abnormal noises coming from the engine? Exactly how is the mechanical condition assesed? Just a drive and listen test or more involved than that?

So many questions I know but one thing I understand is that alot of cars need to be inspected so I just want to know how much faith one can put in the auction sheet. Thanks.

Toughguy
                  Is your seatbelt on? I\'m gonna try something...

Comment

Originally posted by Toughguy

Are the inspections always the same? What I mean is are they all driven (if possible) or are there circumstances where sometimes you only get to hear the engine running?

Do you guys fill out your own auction sheets or are they provided to you? Who does the inspections?

If nothing appears in the inspector`s notes about the mechanical condition of the motor, does that just mean that there is nothing obvious to report or that there were no abnormal noises coming from the engine? Exactly how is the mechanical condition assesed? Just a drive and listen test or more involved than that?

So many questions I know but one thing I understand is that alot of cars need to be inspected so I just want to know how much faith one can put in the auction sheet. Thanks.

Toughguy
                    I find myself asking the same questions as tuffguy.

I've been interested in purchasing a skyline since last spring when the first gts-t's were getting ready to be shipped over but I decided to wait and see how hard it would really be for people to register them in Canada.. now that I know it is fesable and not as much of a problem then first anticipated I am back into the game. I've been reading this site a lot recently and I'm browsing IC on a daily basis. I have spoken with christian by e-mail in the past and they seem very helpful, but how are the people on the other end, the ones doing the inspections? What scares me the most is purchasing a car that might be in a bad mechanical condition. Are these brokers trust worthy or are they normal people who own car lots and just want to move their cars fast? I don't mind paying the right amount for a skyline, but the price goes with the condition of the car, if we can't know for sure the condition of the mechanical aspect of the car before purchasing it how can we adjust a proper price to it.

I'm looking to order for next summer, I'm not in any rush at all, I'm probably going to wait until March or april to order anyways, I'm just doing as much resarch as I can for the moment. It would be nice (but probably very hard for IC to do) to have a check list for important things like oil leaks, engine & tranny noises, exhaust, brakes & hand brake, tires ... basicly a little list so we know what to expect when our future cars go to inspection.. Now I suspect that they have a lot more info on file then they put on their website, I remember that when I asked for info on a GTS-T a while ago I was given much more then what was on the site.

Anyways, this was my first post, and I'm more of a reader then a poster, since I don't have a skyline yet I'll try not to bother you guys too much :P
                    2 times ex-Skyline GTR owner. 2004-2009

Comment

Salut Ti pit

Welcome (I suposed your another french speaking member yes? )

well so am I héhé

why don't you post an intro so that we know a bit more about you.

I'm also in contact with Christian and I'm really close to putting down money on a gts-t
                      Marc-André
                      _________
                      2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                      ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Toughguy
                        There are sometimes cars that have their pictures taken outside which I never list. If they're inside the building where they take the pictures it means that someone has had the chance to drive it in there.

As far as I know, all the inspections are the same.

We never fill out the auction sheets ourselves, its always done by the auction house. In some cases, if there is something wrong with the car that is not found on the auction sheet, you should be able to return the car to the auction house. (This will not work if the car is already shipped to Canada, our exporters will look over the cars when they are bought to make sure they are the way they're supposed to be)

If there is nothing mechanically wrong, then yes there will be nothing to report in the auction sheet. I honestly don't know the technical side of how they inspect the cars, I've never been to an auction in Japan.
                        Christian of

Comment

Originally posted by klys
                          Salut Ti pit

Welcome (I suposed your another french speaking member yes? )

well so am I héhé

why don't you post an intro so that we know a bit more about you.

I'm also in contact with Christian and I'm really close to putting down money on a gts-t
                          French hijack in progress

Bienvenue Ti Pit. Hey Klys, tu serait surpris combien de nous parle le français ici. Je suis un technicien en informatique/administrateur de réseau pour un conseil scolaire français en Ontario.

Je soupçonne aussi que beaucoup de gens ici ne parle pas seulement anglais ou français mais aussi le japonnais et possiblement d`autres langues de l`orient. Ont est véritablement une "motley crew" d`enthusiates.

Ok hijack over.

Toughguy

Comment

There are sometimes cars that have their pictures taken outside which I never list. If they're inside the building where they take the pictures it means that someone has had the chance to drive it in there.

As far as I know, all the inspections are the same.

We never fill out the auction sheets ourselves, its always done by the auction house. In some cases, if there is something wrong with the car that is not found on the auction sheet, you should be able to return the car to the auction house. (This will not work if the car is already shipped to Canada, our exporters will look over the cars when they are bought to make sure they are the way they're supposed to be)

If there is nothing mechanically wrong, then yes there will be nothing to report in the auction sheet. I honestly don't know the technical side of how they inspect the cars, I've never been to an auction in Japan.
                            Thanks again Christian.

Sean

Comment

French hijack in progress
                              Sweet, A hijack .. euh..

And indeed i'm suprised !

allo

I downloaded some learn japanese cd's
                              maybe I'll speak Japanese next haha
                              Marc-André
                              _________
                              2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                              ECU modification enabled - PM me for details