Sorry if this is a stupid question :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this is a stupid question :(

just wondering when the R33 gtr's become legal? what i'm looking at paying? should i wait? I have a r32 comming but I havn't payed out full and can still cancel. I'm haveing second thoughts and thinking i should wait for my love, the r33. any suggestions?
    thanx

I'm pretty sure the first R33 GTR's were built in late-1994 as 1995 models. Probably August-September~ish. 15 Years plus 1994 = 2009. Assuming you got one to arrive within the first week it was eligible to import into Canada (lets say August 1st) it would probably still take 2-3 weeks to clear customs and get down to Toronto for you to pick up. That doesn't leave much time for enjoyment until winter.

I respect your desire to have an R33. But honestly there are a few great things about owning an R32:

1) It's the purest of the GTR brand.
    2) Best all-around race car of the 32's.
    3) Least complex technologically, the R33 and R34 have more gadgets to run afoul.
    4) By owning an R32 NOW, it allows you to gain experience driving, maintaining and modifying one. This means that when an R33 comes along you'll have a far greater understanding of the vehicle as a whole as well as a plethora of contacts you would have established for sourcing parts.
    5) If you already own an R32 you could then sell it and use the money to buy an R33 or better yet, own both.

Comment

humm R33 GTR still sell for around 30-35k in Japan
      (2.5mil-3mil yen)

I doubt anyone would give you free Storage for that many months so you are looking at around probably another 7000-8000$ in storage fees alone. Aside from all the importation fees.

So.... keep the R32, sell it maybe 1-2 years before R33 GTR come legal and then buy it a bit in advance to save on the price flunctuation that R33 GTR will have once they are legal (like R32 have had in passed months)
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

Originally posted by Unlucky Menace
        I'm pretty sure the first R33 GTR's were built in late-1994 as 1995 models. Probably August-September~ish. 15 Years plus 1994 = 2009
        Yeah that would just be cruel and unusual punishment to buy one now and wait five years to get it! :shock:

Toughguy
        Is your seatbelt on? I\'m gonna try something...

Comment

get a r32 grt now, then buy a 91 NSX, then get a 93 supra

Comment

R32 > R33.

Ask anyone that has driven both.

If you want to drive the car- R32. If you want to sit at a car show and look pretty - R33.
            Sean Morris

Comment

.... and if you want to impress the ricers and the pretty teenage girls then get an R34!

Comment

Originally posted by felixy69
                Yes i'll get right on that cuz i have money growing out of my ass 8) and if you mean to trade in the r32 for a nsx, well are you on crack? :? I wouldn't even trade the skyline in for the supra.

Comment

If you were to trade in for those cars one after the other..

1. you would probably make money each time... (since they are true JDM mad tyte yo)
                  2. a different driving expeience from each one.. giving you somthing to compare your R33 to ...
                  3. well those are just all good cars...

for me I'm all about the R32..
                  The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Originally posted by skyline32-N
                    Originally posted by felixy69
                    Yes i'll get right on that cuz i have money growing out of my ass 8) and if you mean to trade in the r32 for a nsx, well are you on crack? :? I wouldn't even trade the skyline in for the supra.
                    sorry for my uncalled for post long day at work, very uncalled for statement. i asked for your opinions so that what it be then that what it be right? just like apologize. thanx

Comment

Working...
                    X