This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to translate Japanese

Hey i was scanning the internet and looking at stuff in Japan but i could read it. I believe this may be a problem most of us are facing but this program translates web pages and documents fairly well. I found it good for yahoo japan auctions and looking at tuner pages.

If anybody has found any better ones let me know

No f*ckn way!! That's awwesome. Babelfish stopped working w/ the Yahoo auctions for me for some reason.

This really whips the llama's ass.

P.S. pardon my language.

Comment

i've been using that fopr quite a while google also has a beta translator but word lingo is the best. i use good and word lingo at the same time.

Damien

Comment

To get babelfish to work, you just have to cut and paste the section of text you want translated. Try not to include links, because I think that's what makes it not work
        Christian of

Comment

Screw that.. do you know how much text there is in yahoo auctions? Hehehe I'm gonna use this!

Comment

Works good. Thanks

Comment

If you need any help, I should be able to help a little when I am not busy at work. :P
              But there are few translating URLs such as worldlingo.com and AltaVista. :wink:
              Mastec Co., Ltd.

Comment

Stickying this for a while
                marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

meh, there's an easier way. Install the new google toolbar on your browser, in the options you should be able to turn on the translation utility. It should be on by default anyways. It adds a new item to your right click on any webpage that says "Translate into English".

Works pretty well, I've reccomended it to all our clients who don't read japanese etc.

Babelfish, Google toolbar and Worldlingo all work off the same Systran translation software, so the translations you get are very similar.

However some fo the stuff might not be accurate, and if its somethign critical its always best to refer it to a professional translator.
                  ѕhan :: play@ :: work@

Comment

Wow, that -is- easier.

Comment

i found googles beta system they are using to translate with does not work quite as well.

Damien

Comment

Auctions In japanese

Hey everyone. I noticed you were talking about having problems reading the Yahoo Japan Auctions. You should try this website. I'm in no way affiliated with it, but I found it about a month ago. www.rinkya.com
                        It's the Yahoo Japan Auctions and you can search them in english. It brings up results in english as well. Once you are into the catagory you want, all of the auctions appear in Japanese, but at the top of each page is a translate button, which converts the entire page to English. I guess the problem without using this site is that a lot of the people selling their items won't ship to Canada, or so I've been told. Anyways, you should check it out!

Later

Comment

hey guys for those in the compute Mac world with the new mac OS X under your gadjits there is a translation screen that you can translate 10 differnt languages into english and vice versa. cool thing that i found
                          you might be smarter then me but when you need something moved who do you call????

Comment

What's a Mac?

lol j/k :-P
                            2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                            2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                            1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Can it translate mac into windows? Or Windows into linux? If so I might switch to mac haa. Wait I have a better idea, "Why don't I just calculate how much time you just wasted" :-D

Comment

Working...
                              X