Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Light Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Might as well ask here. Maybe it's a pretty stupid question but here it goes.

    So I changed my original projectors for N1s. The originals had working P brake, lows and highs. Now my N1s were installed directly plugging each terminal into it's corresponding socket, which I'd thought everything would be in the same order since highs would have a beefier plug for the added juice. So everything that was unplugged was matched no problem and now my lows (round inner light, right?) is selected on high beam and the high beam is selected on the low beam. I have no parking lights.

    So WTH?
    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

    Comment


    • #17
      Round inner lights are fog lights not lows.
      Lows are in the main lamp, as well as highs.

      When you turn the round light switch to the right of the steering it should light the lows.
      When you push your turn signal forward it should light the highs.
      When you push the fog light button (far right button on the console above the steering), the inner circle fog lights should light.

      That is considering the factory wiring hasn't been hacked to death for DRL.
      Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 07-27-2011, 08:30 AM.
      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
        Round inner lights are fog lights not lows.
        Lows are in the main lamp, as well as highs.

        When you turn the round light switch to the right of the steering it should light the lows.
        When you push your turn signal forward it should light the highs.
        When you push the fog light button (far right button on the console above the steering), the inner circle fog lights should light.

        That is considering the factory wiring hasn't been hacked to death for DRL.
        I thought I was crazy but I knew all of that, I just don't know why when I activate my highs it activates my fogs (that why I assumed I was wrong and then assumed the inner lights were lows). The system is stock and I didn't have DRL. Everything was in order with the projectors.

        To recap:

        When I turn the switch to parking, nothing.
        When I turn the switch to headlights, the highs are activated.
        When I push the lever (high beam selection) my fogs are activated.
        When I pull the lever (low beam selection) my highs are activated.

        This doesn't make any sense.

        Edit: ...I did have aftermarket foglamps before that were activated with the dash button. Now the connector is empty. It didn't do any difference when I had my projectors.
        Last edited by MarusGTR; 07-27-2011, 09:16 AM.
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

        Comment


        • #19
          are you sure the headlights are N1s and not just stock GTS-T lights,
          the wiring of those are different, N1s should work perfectly, GTS-Ts won't..
          sigpic

          [links to all chapters in first post]

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by frankiman View Post
            are you sure the headlights are N1s and not just stock GTS-T lights,
            the wiring of those are different, N1s should work perfectly, GTS-Ts won't..
            *sigh* they're probably refitted GTS-Ts since they have the bolt-on metal grille brackets. So how's the wiring different?
            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
              *sigh* they're probably refitted GTS-Ts since they have the bolt-on metal grille brackets. So how's the wiring different?
              i don't know exactly, download both the GTS-T and GTR service manual to look at the wiring diagram, then you'll know exactly how to redo the wiring
              sigpic

              [links to all chapters in first post]

              Comment


              • #22
                Well this sucks, I had bought these as the seller was telling me they were N1s... and I bought them at in inflated price. and I'm a total nood with electrical work and diagrams.

                Thanks seller-whom-I-won't-say-the-name-but-you-know-who-you-are.
                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hey Guys,

                  Can someone assist me as to where i can purchase yellow bulbs for the inner headlight?
                  I think they fogs. They appear to be H10. Not sure if this is correct. Also does the light fitting come off the housing where the connector plugs into? Or once the light is blown you throw the entire thing away?
                  I've also tried Cdn Tire and Parts Source but had no luck.

                  These are the headlights currently on the GTR. I'm not sure if they N1's or what..Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    anyone know what the license plate bulbs are? I want to switch them to LED's

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      the license plate bulbs are 194's

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X