Possible Driving Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Driving Problems

Hello, I am new to the site and am currently searching out an R32 for myself. I was looking for a GTS-t Type M, GTS-4 or possibly a GTR if I find the right price. My main concern is going to be drivability once I have the vehicle. This vehicle will be my daily driver/weekend track car and the track is a 2 hour drive away as well.

My question is this, what type of problems will I encounter with daily driving that might pose a problem. Example: Left turns at intersections, how difficult will it be to see if traffic is coming and if it is safe to go.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. (I am 20 so dont think I'm a young kid wanting a JDM for his first car)
    Originally posted by JZ
    I just wished she had bigger twins...at least T88\'s.

20=kid IMHO <--just buggin ya

First of all, welcome to GTRC, please post an intro in our sticky intro thread.

If you plan to use it the way you want, you'd better save your pennies and get one of the more expensive Skylines available. These are high maintenance cars, even at the best of times and parts are hard to find/expensive/must be mailed up so if this is your daily driver you need to keep a reserve fund and maybe even a second car on standby for the inevitable delays. I kid you not. A few of our members including myself have splurged on pricier examples and have had issues, don't think you'll be immune.

Aside from that, the stuff you mentionned like lane changes, turnes etc. you'll get used to after a few days of seat time in the car. My biggest issues were backing up into parking spots (still wanted to turn my body to the right) and keeping he car lined up with the right ditch when driving. Also when I go back to my daily driver I tend to turn on the wipers when I wanted to signal... :roll:

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Re: Possible Driving Problems

Originally posted by iNliNE6
      P.S. (I am 20 so dont think I'm a young kid wanting a JDM for his first car)
      Oh we have a comedian here do we?

Well you made me laugh and your first post wasn`t a newbiesque statement of sorts so I won`t razz you too much. Welcome to our little (but growing) community.

The topic in question has been disscussed in the past so if you do a search you may find more info.

Toughguy 8)
      Is your seatbelt on? I\'m gonna try something...

Comment

left turns seem to be a big issue. everyone says to wait for the traffic light to change if u cannot see, but on one particular test-ride i had, impatient drivers waiting in line behind us were just hammering on their car horns, and my driver pulled out, only to almost get hit by a car he couldn't see. in hindsight i should have said something, but i didn't want to be a back seat driver

access card readers, toll booths, and drive-thrus are the other problems. again, everyone's solution to this is to drive backwards...!

Comment

I don't get how left tursn can be an issue?

Maybe I can't picture the exact issue and situation being how I have only sat in a Skyline and not driven one
          VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

be a front passenger in a LHD car and ask the driver to go and make a left turn in a busy intersection... if there is a line of opposing traffic also trying to make a left turn, you'll notice your line of sight is completely blocked, especially if the car in front is really big, like an suv or a commerical vehicle.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm sure I will get used to it in time but just wanted to see if it's something that would have been a big issue, sounds like its not that bad. Just didnt want to hop in the car and :shock: not be able to turn anything but right and feel like I'm in NASCAR or something, thats the last thing I'd want.
              Originally posted by JZ
              I just wished she had bigger twins...at least T88\'s.

Comment

Working...
              X