Physical Problems :P ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Problems :P ???

Well, this may not be frequently asked, and definitely hasn't been, so I'll be the one to do it . I'm 6'7... can I fit into a skyline.

I know it's a midsize car, so hopefully I should be fine, I'll look to try some out in my area if I see them for sale. I've driven a civic and now drive a saturn, both of which are compact cars, but since the saturn is standard, I had to really put my seat back to be able to get my foot off the clutch, I honestly don't have a problem sitting in either, but I'm just wondering since I know that sports cars usually like to be made for smaller people, like the RX-7 :'(.

What skyline? GTR or GTS? A GTR has a bit more head room, whatever you do don't get a car with a sunroof (the GTRs never had sunroofs, so no worries there). The sunroof takes away about an inch and a half of head room. Im 6 2 and I had to get an aftermarket seat and custom rails so that I can fit, since my car has a sunroof. Just sit in one and then you'll know. You should be able to fit, with the seat leaned back or an aftermarket seat.
    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Oh Ok, thanks for the heads-up about the sunroof. I'm looking for a GTS-4, and the one I was specifically looking at HAD a sunroof :'(. But I'll make sure to try some out.

Comment

There are some _really_ tall guys on GTRC with Skylines.

Try before you buy, but you'll be fine with at least some models.

Dan
        sigpic
        The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Im 6'6" and fit like a glove. You'll fit awesome.

Comment

This topic has been approached before. I'm 6'5", with much of my height in my legs, and I fit fine in stock GTR seats. I'm pretty normal sized otherwise, but some aftermarket seats with a wider ass would be nice, but not necessary.

Also, get a quick release hub; it makes getting in and out really easy
            1999 Nissan Stagea RS Four S, White

Previous JDM Rides:
            1992 Nissan President Sovereign Junction Produce, Black (sold to NICOclubber)
            1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black (sold to GTRCer)
            1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black (sold to GTRCer)

Comment

Hahaha, really great to know it's fine then for us tall people . Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to check one out soon, does a four door have different leg room and height room dimensions? I'm guessing not?

Comment

Originally posted by dm1133 View Post
                Hahaha, really great to know it's fine then for us tall people . Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to check one out soon, does a four door have different leg room and height room dimensions? I'm guessing not?

Four doors from what ive seen dont have the same leg room as a 2DR car.

On another note, a recently bought R33 GTS-25 had tons of leg room. Partically because the drivers seat is a Sparco and sitting on a low mount slidder. In the furthest position, my heels are roughly 1 foot away from the pedals (im 178 CM tall).

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
                For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

It'll be tigh only if you're doing track work with ahelmet, then some lowered seat rails would be ideal. Lucky you don't have a sunroof, it's way cosey with one

Comment

I don't know what you all guys talking about, but I am 6'4 tall and when I was driving it for the first time it was a NIGHTMARE.

The problem is NOT in head room, it got tons of it. NOT it how far you sit away from steering wheel, seats can move back alot. but in STEERING WHEEL.

It is too close to the dash board, even if you extend steering column towards you. Your legs (knees) can't be brought together because of the steering wheel. So you have to spred you legs apart, and seat's cusions push your legs together, they (steering wheel and sport seat) work against each other. It's is very uncomfortable.

BUT I found a simple solutions I made a steering spacer on CNC, about extra 10 cm. NOW my legs (knees) go BEHIND steering wheel.

Now IT IS comfortable.
                    When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

I'm 6'4" and own a gts-t WITH a sunroof. Absolutely no trouble fitting in. Don't even push the seat back all the way.
                      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

THis topic always comes up..

im 6"10"

MOst tall people i would assume are used to small spaces since well we are tall and the world doesnt cater to are needs..

anyways the skyline fits me fine.. Seat all the way back, I lean it back and its all good.

THe only issue i have is the fact that my Knees are around the steering wheel so getting in and out is annoying.. but not more then any other sports car..

Im tall i dont have any unrealistic expectations of how im going to fit..
                        I know that Sports cars arent made with guys like me in mind..

If you really like skylines.. then you will make it work doesnt matter how tall..

If its a fad thing.. dont bother..

thats my 2 Cents..
                        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

And u can forget about having more than 1 passenger too, back seats are super cramp style.

Comment

When I was 19 I bought my first skyline. Was a 1990 gts-t type m. I was 5-11 and it was tight but still comfortable. My bigger buddies did not really agree. Mayb try buying a low pro bucket seat for the added room.
                            Regardless don't let your height stop you from purchasing the best name plate in the world.... Well atleast to me)

Comment

i have a 4 door and im and 6'2 and well my seat all the way back and its half inch away from touching the back seat, so no rear passengers, and with the seat that far back my legs are still bent like quite a bit, but the headroom is fine and i DO have a sunroof. so no sunroof would for sure be a plus for you, but stick with 2 door. ive never sat in one before but the wheel base on the 4 door is like 6 inches longer then the 2 door and added a whole door. so the inside defenitly got smooshed up front. and yes aftermarket seats would help incase you do get a sunroof, but if its summer u can open it and stick your head right out. i do that for fun.

also a smaller steering wheel wouldnt be a bad idea so that u have room for your legs when you get in and out.

hope you get one!
                              89 r32 sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X