No announcement yet.

Info On Owning a Skyline In Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know it is realy funny how we change over time.

i first read about the s13 chasis in scc when i was 16 or 17 and went right out and bought the biggest pos i could find. Dreams of huge powerful sr's or rb swap hahha. my how you grow up.

You say you want to buy a gts-t in 4 years? i can tell you for certain your tastes will change by that time, "drifitng" may or may not be around. If it is, by that time, it'll like spo-com drag racing, big budget cars that noway an average person could compete with.

save your money and if you still want the car, buy it in 4 years.

Comment

But some of us never change!

Me: first read about the GTR in Car and Driver in 1989 when I was 19, wanted one badly but a) not available here and b) too poor.

8 years of university and professional school later...

Graduated, bought a Z32. Nice, but too heavy. Bought an S13, nice but too weak (SR's weren't even remotely available where I lived), Bought an Sc400, nice but its automatic! Lost my sense of direction and then went through various SUVs, Jeeps, sedans....

More years fall through the cracks....

2005, finally took delivery of my GTR. Life is good.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by JZ
        GTR. Life is good.
        That's all you needed to say
        Dave

Comment

why you gotta go and rub it in my face like that :wink:

come april/may i should have one on order, i'm tiring of the cefiro and am hurting for a R.
          I will agree with you jz, as soon as i saw a r32, i fell in love and knew i'd eventualy own one. 2 dream cars a 911, my entire life, that'll never change, and a r32. It's getting closer by the day

hey jz...remember the SON sing-a-long thread?

some of us do change quite a bit over time...

Comment

CRASH, i've taken my RWD R32 to drift practice nights (on race tracks, not parking lots with cones) and motorkhana (think you guys call it autocross or something like that) days while my track car's getting work done on it. I can tell you for a fact that no matter how much money you pour into a RWD skyline, if you spent that same money on a silvia, you'd have a much better time as they are better balanced and give more performance gains per dollar spent on them. I used to own a 180sx a few years back, the R32's make better daily driver, but the S series cars kick arse for drift use.

The skyline's a GT car... a grand tourer, one that's supposed to take on circuits and touring car championships. And as such its built with that in mind. If you want the power of a GTSt and the handling of a silvia, get a Cefiro, or buy a 240sx and do an RB swap. Lots of guys over that side of the world think its the coolest thing since sliced bread.
            ѕhan :: play@ :: work@

Comment

ok guys thanks for info. The only thing is that getting a 240sx or AE86 here is that they are hard to come by and if I do find one they will be probbaly all roted out thanks the winter And guys i'm sorry about the "get some respect" thing. It came out wrong. As for skylines I looked into them because ALOT of them seem to be imported compared to other cars as they must be in great demand. The GTR seems to appeal to alot of people as a great track/daily driver. Almost all the sites that import cars you'll see alot more skylines then anything imported. Drift is my main interest in cars so I guess a smarter choice would be looking at S14 the last model of 240sx we got here in canada. The skyline just seems like cooler car to drive around here, right hand drive would be cool and "get some respect" as in most people know the skyline as a monster of car so I bet that other skyline owners here must get alot of people asking about there cars and such. So that's why I came here to get some info on the skyline. If anybody has any more info on drifting a skyline i'm interested in it .

Comment

move to australia you'll be in heaven. we speak english and drift skylines, silvias, 180sx's, holden monaros and ute's (pontiac GTO looking things), toyota chaser, laurels, cefiros, ae86's etc. Although over here driving a skyline's not really anything special.

<removed irrelevant parts>

A highly modified GTR is NOT a great daily driver, all except the GTR came in the option of 2 door coupe and 4 door sedan. the RWD DOHC turbo puppies are the ones you want if you want to take a skyline drifting.

Comment

Yes I know of all the skyline models and I never said I wanted a GTR to drift. I never said I wanted a highly modified skyline as a daily driver I was talking about a stock GTR would be a good daily driver and weekend racer.

Comment

ahh sorry, misunderstood ya there, thought you wanted to drift a GTR. Stock GTR's should be OK as a daily driver, in a few years time the import scene in canada would have grown large enough that skylines and their spare parts will be pretty common.

Comment

just lettin u know...ur probably not gonna b able to afford a skyline in a few years. Ur 17 now right? in about 4 years ur gonna be 21, probably gonna be in school or just graduated *depending if u go to college or university*. Any ways, im 20 right now, i took a year off school to save up for school and to modify my current car right now. My frist car cost me $500, lasted me 4 months, then i bought my current car for $4500 thats lasted 2 years, but ive dumped tons of $ into it because of modifications and general maitanence. With college, car, gas, insurance, etc...i have like $150 for 2 weeks to last off. I seriously dont know if you could buy, drive, and modify a GTS-T up to 300whp as a daily driver, plus afford tires for the track at 21ish. Right now, im about to be buying one too, but im also graduating in a few months and im gonna b working full time and i also have a connection for a cheap one. I seriously dont know if you could afford one at that point of your life. But, i would suggest if you want somethin fun, cool, quick and wont be to bad on u for cost, insurance, etc. go for a MKIII supra, 1986.5-1993. It would be cheaper for ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X