X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb20-rb25

i own a 1990 R32 GTS-T
    i was thinking of going from the rb20det to an rb25det
    any idea on what kind of problems i might run into?
    wiring, mounting, driveshaft..etc

Have you looked at an RB26 swap aswell. From what Ive read around it seems to be just as easy to swap in a RB26. Just something to think about.

Comment

i actually havent looked into that at all, but the only reason i am saying rb25 is because i can get one in great shape for relatively cheap...but that is something that i will look into for sure

Comment

but i still need to know of any major or minor problems that i might run into with the swap

Comment

sorry for OT, cant give you much help with the swap, but I just want to say I love your name, and one day I will somehow incorporate it onto one of my license plates! :bow down: that movie is godly..
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

lol i was kinda thinkin of doing the same thing with the license plate..i am actually quite new to owning a skyline im still in the learning process and thats why i came here to see if anyone could help me but i was reading online and i figured out that i will have to change the wiring and i might have to do a small mod with the mounting brackets...but i till couldnt find anything to do with the driveshaft and tranny (if the trans will fit off my rb20 onto the rb25/26)

Comment

Use the search function in other Skyline Forums like SkylinesAustralia or SkylineOwners. Rb25 swap has been done lots and Im sure someone has posted enough info on doing it. Me, I dont know nothing about doing a swap, I can only direct you down the right path.
              The Rb26 swap has been done less often but I have read it is easier.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

just thought i would throw this out there for anyone who is thinking of doing a swap...just going by wut i heard!
                  i was at mak customs in lethbridge alberta and the guy there told me the the rb25 or 26 will swap straight out for the rb20, the mounting brackets will line up and the wiring can all stay the same except you have to change out the computer

Comment

engine wise its not a hard swap at all. if you change the gearbox, note the 25 box is much bigger. you will need to change the tailshaft as well to accomodate the longer box.

wiring wise they r not much differant.

Comment

In case you havent found this yet!
                      http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...e-t119865.html

Comment

that is a really good write up
                        '91 skyline gtst

Comment

good write up
                          92,94,95 Honda Civic
                          92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
                          91 Nissan Skyline GTR