So i searched my ass off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i searched my ass off...

So no one tell me to go and search this, I understand the difference in the octane levels from Canadian gas to Japanese gas. But all information on the ECU change/swap/reflash posted is listed for the GTR RBDET26 motors what about the RBDET20 for the GTS-T?

I assume it would be the same, like i need to get the new ECU but im picking up my car from the dealer so i bet they already put Canadian gas in it. And i also plan to pick up the car then drive home 5 hours, so do i need to get the reflash before heading out on the highway or would i be ok with 91 or 94 for the way home?

Thanks guys

well... it a question boosting or not boosting

I did boost mine quite a bit before ecu Retune...
    however I didn't redline it of use the boost controller much

so 94 is pretty okay

as long as you don't boost the hell out of the car

and GTS-T ECU have been retuned and it's been discused on the board
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

All you need to do to reflash your ECU is disconnect your battery and step on the brake pedal. Leave it disconnected for at least 30 seconds (or longer, I'm not exactly sure) This will discharge any remaining energy in the electrical system and reset your ECU.

I've been driving for a month or so after doing exactly this, and it's worked fine and given me no problems. I've always run 91 octane from either Shell or Esso with only great results. No knock or detonation or anything like that. I am running slightly rich though, but nothing too crazy. It just needs a proper dyno tune which I'll be doing soon.

You don't necessarily need an entirely new ECU. If all you're after is a retune for Canadian gas, you can just get the stock ECU retuned on a dyno. It'll be the easiest way to do it, unless you already have plans for an aftermarket ECU + other significant upgrades.
      Dave

Comment

or just run 94 oct. that's what i've been doing and everything is running fine.

Comment

great, thanks for the clarity!

Comment

Working...
          X