Licence Plate Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence Plate Laws

Hey, I just a random silly question. I have recently learned the GTS-T license
    plate flips up. If I were to install a actuator to mine as a joke what are the
    odds of getting caught (do cops frequently inspect small things like that,
    excluding getting it registered) and what would be the fine for having one?
    This would not be for anything illegal simply for having one there to play
    around with. Thanks all.

Edit: Totally spelled Licence wrong. >.<

Okay, I'll post what everyone is thinking.

This is pointless unless you're the transporter or Alex Roy.
    03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Well obviously they are thinking that because I already said it would be pointless. But thanks for attempting to answer the question. Anyone know about the rules governing this?

Comment

There is no law that says you can't do that. Street Rod guys do it all the time. Just don't get caught driving around with the plate in the up position.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

i dont know of exactly that law, other than that if you are planning to have 2 separate plates..ie your skyline plate and a random plate to anther vehicle. if you got caught you could get charged with Fraud and have your vehicle impounded..been there done that..lol

also i love the idea..i hope to see an DIY:P

and also just to add to the thread..i have received to tickets in the past 2 months for no front license plate..which i have no front bumper to attache it too..some cops are dix
          92 GTS-T Sold
          98 Acura 1.6 EL

Originally posted by zrex
          the front end looks like one of those big no tooth, backwood redneck grins.

Comment

LoL that sucks man. But thanks for the help guys. Wasn't planning on running them all the time up, just for some cheap laughs. Better luck with the cops.

Comment

Ive got the same sort of apparatus on my CBR600RR.. I use it for photo radar or... getting away from cops (which i DONT DO! ).. Anyways, it gets some serious attention from people sitting next to you in traffic until you boot off for the lane split and take off :P

You can definitely do it and get away with it, as ive never had a problem as of yet with the bike, and its pretty visible..

One way you can do it is run a 12 v source off the licence plate light to a small servo. Best and cheapest servos are Radio controlled aircraft/car servos. You can run the actuator so that it has an open/ close circuit instead of full range of motion. So in the end, T off servo's power source to a small switch at the front and give er' a flick when you need to.

I might look at it this winter, as Montreal is keen on keeping their photo radar for the next while..
              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

I would rock this..

there is no law against it.. Its for "Show use"

however it could useful for certain toll bridges.. that are around.
                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

ah yes, we had a convo about this ben a few weeks back at the thursday meet with john's friend from out of town who wanted to make a basic servo system for all of us.
                  I love the thing and its worth it every time I start it. As soon as it stops make me smile ill get rid of it (not gonna happen)
                  (OO)|Skyline|(OO)
                  ....R33 GTS25T

Comment

Why would Nissan make it so our plates can flip up? Not for Photo Radar, would they?

Comment

Originally posted by beacher1B0 View Post
                      Why would Nissan make it so our plates can flip up? Not for Photo Radar, would they?
                      I bet it's for "aerodynamics" at high speeds.

Comment

nissan knew they were making the tools of the devil
                        hooray!
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        widebody rb25 r32
                        Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
                        We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        friends of:
                        genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
                        Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

i would bet speed cameras, there all over japan, and being a tuner....on the jap scene
                          no..... no way do they speed...lol

Comment

I would say don't do it. Gettin caught with something like this is bound to get you in some sort of shitt and cops would find every little thing they could to inspect your vehicle further! As for making this a diy thread and have it stickyed I'm saying prolly not since illegal activity is not permitted on this site.
                            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                              I would say don't do it. Gettin caught with something like this is bound to get you in some sort of shitt and cops would find every little thing they could to inspect your vehicle further! As for making this a diy thread and have it stickyed I'm saying prolly not since illegal activity is not permitted on this site.
                              Its not illegal but there will be someone stupid enough to try and boost away from the cops, or something along the lines of that. It would be cool to have just have it, or if your building a show car. Small details can make a difference.
                              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Working...
                              X