Skyline parts sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline parts sharing

I have been interested (increasingly more and more) for a few years about Skylines and Silvias. This forum has the best group of knowledgable people I have seen at any of the forums yet. My question as a partsperson is what parts does the Skyline actually share with North American production cars? Just curious as I am still deciding which of the two cars(Silvia or Skyline) to bring over. I have a friend who has lived in Japan for ten years and says that he can transplant a RB26DETT into a Silvia if I want. He's already done an RB25. Has anyone heard much on this swap?

Much appreciated, love the site.
    Had a 455 Buick
    Have a 396 Chevy
    Really, really frickin want an RB26DETT!!!

I would like to add that I support this topic fully and am also interested.
    Right near da beach. Boyeee.

Comment

Some people in montreal do the SR and RB swap in 240sx (our "silvia"'s).

I hear some 300ZX parts are shared with skyline or are similar. But I don't actually have the item names/numbers so if anyone knows them and could share, it would be apperciated
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

I have a very relaibel source that says the windshield out of the same year Nissan Altima will fit an '89 GTR......

also he said that the cam tentioner is the same as a 240SX.....

there I started the useful info :P

Steve
        Nismo stands for Nissan Motorsports, right? So then I guess Homo stands for Honda Motorsports?
        GTi-R, the baby \'zilla!

Comment

Timing belts: RBMotoring stocks Power Enterprise Strong Timing Belts. Water pumps can be replaced with the N1 .
          Fuel filter is same as 1996 Infiniti J30.
          Oil Filter is Fram 3682 , or equivalent.

Spark plugs are PFR6A-11, also available in north america.

I know Sean Morris likes NGK Iridium plugs. The NGKs have a heat range of 7 or 8. The Denso Iridiums are known to have the centre ceramic break off.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

RB Motoring has the Nissan FAST DVD's . Or the dealership parts DVD's so we can look up part numbers.

With that said ..... we dont really want to get 50 phone calls a day for part numbers..... we would spend years on the phones. I like to help people out , but help me help you.

Most of the common items , we have in stock.

Even some of the uncommon things. I have posted up part numbers and common items with Skylines on many of the message boards. I did even have some of them listed off a few of my sites.

If you have a question , or need a part - ask...

As far as the Altima windshield fitting the GT-R , I really doubt it . I have looked this up before , the part doesnt come back as a US part.
            Sean Morris

Comment

Two different random part numbers. The first one I put together. The 2nd one I found.
              Sean Morris

Comment

Working...
              X