PowerFC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerFC thread

This thread is an attempt at collecting as much info as possible regarding the powerFC, specifically for the rb25/26 including the datalogit box and FC-edit software.

I'm starting this thread because I bought a powerFC for my gtr a while ago and I just started messing around with FC-edit.

Here are screenshots:

First question: is there a version of fc-edit specific to the rb26? I hate having settings like idle1, idle2, etc.

EDIT: found fc-edit v 2.127 online but it's still universal and not rb specific.
    1990 Nismo GtR #283
    354hp - 292 ft-lbs
    -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

By the way has anyone a local copy of the faq that were at http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com...owerfc-faq.htm ?

It's been offline for a while...
    1990 Nismo GtR #283
    354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

I've got a Power FC in my GTR but I don't have much experience with it.
      I have lots of questions though:

Is there a definitive way to tell what model of Commander you need for your Power FC?

If you have a datalogit is there any need to also have a Commander? Anything you can't do from FD-Edit?

Comment

The best I could find was here:

http://www.nengun.com/apexi/power-fc-hand-commander

Click "vehicle compatibility".

As for your second question, I'm pretty sure everything you can do with the commander you can do with fc-edit.
        1990 Nismo GtR #283
        354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

Where's the base map? Why is the recalc base map option greyed out? So many questions...

Soooo no love for the FC?
          1990 Nismo GtR #283
          354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

You could always contact Paul himself for a copy of the Power FC FAQ.

Paulr33 on Skylinesaustralia.com

I suspect the FAQ is down temporarily as his thread is still fairly active.

Dan
            sigpic
            The Beaumont Connection

Comment

watch yourself with the FC.. there are no knock maps.... i.ve been running it for 3 years and with know one telling me this,,,, motor after motor after motor... i thought i was just hard on the engine,,,

if the motor starts to knock theres nothing to stop it.. ur little cheak engine light will flash and thats it.. U'll keep your foot on the pedal not knowing your doing allot of damage..
              i've been running 500hp on stock rb25 motors and each one would let go due to piston melt..

anyways enough of my problems...

1 thing to say about the power fc

sucks!!

hope this helps

Comment

I just got my datalogit, haven't taken screenshots of all the setting yet though. I'm likely going to read a whole lot on the datalogit user group and then go from there.

Comment

I used paulr33 for my research but since that's old technology (though it's still capable), I changed ECU. I have a printed copy of paul's site somewhere...
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

Is there a diagram any place to check the caps powering the ecu? The one running my SR **** the bed on me. I was driving and lost it all. No fuel pump. Nothing on the commander and will not receive any data on my datalogit.

Pulled the covers off and everything appears to be fine, no stink! lol.

I checked Pauls FAQ and didnt see anything specific to that problem other than if one fries, that it could be repaired.
                    ALLEN PETERSEN
                    Number (604) 961-2449
                    4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                    RB30`s for sale!

Comment

I just read the faqs and although it seems pretty straight forward (if you're lucking and it is "a couple of resistors and capacitors" that let go) your best bet is to bring it to an electronic shop.
                      1990 Nismo GtR #283
                      354hp - 292 ft-lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X