concerns for when its here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerns for when its here

I'm planning on acquiring a gts-t later this year, I just have a few concerns about it.
    1. Fuel, ours isnt as good as in japan, so how will a stock rb20 respond to our gas, and if I need to tune it to accept our gas, approx. how much would that run?
    2. Inspection - what possible things could we be expected to fix once it gets here, what kind of things might they not like? I have a mild suspicison on tires, cause I know they have different compounds and stuff there, so it might not be accepted here.
    3.For normal wear things like brakes, is there a N.A. counterpart that shares the same brakes? or would I have to get the pads, ect. from japan every time? or do a brake conversion to 300zx brakes?

thats all I can think of right now
    On the side, I talked to icbc today, they told me I'd need the import form and registry of the car from japan.
    I'll be dealing with IC I believe, when the time comes, you guys sound better to deal with, as I'd arrange for pickup here in BC
    85 Celica GT........... for now

1- I think the fuel will be fine you will just have to watch how much boost you add and if you tune to it accordingly. I have been in a few of the cars IC has brought back and they have been fine. I actually drove the Toyota Soarer when it was here and it was in the summer and I was flooring it with 3 people in the car...NO PROBLEMS!!

2- They should not be a problem either as Japan has very strict vehicle laws and regulations. They must have inspections on their cars every two years. If there is something wrong then you just get it fixed. Tires are not a worry unless they are bald.

3- There should be shared parts for these cars......see http://216.120.241.76/~gtrcana/forum...opic.php?t=300 for shared parts.....

Steve
    Nismo stands for Nissan Motorsports, right? So then I guess Homo stands for Honda Motorsports?
    GTi-R, the baby \'zilla!

Comment

Working...
    X