Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a colour chart available that corresponds with these paint codes?
    I tried Google. No profit.
    あんたの妹いくら?

Comment

This is the best resolution I have, hope it helps:
      In the end the gov't will do as they please and if they do kill the 15 yr rule life will go on, and we will find other cars readily available to pour our hearts and wallets into. The Skyline is a great car, but its not the only one. It might be a case of easy come easy go.------------- JZ

Comment

To add to the list:

Skyline colour codes.

326 - Crystal White
        732 - Black Pearl Metallic
        AH3 - Red Pearl Metallic
        AN0 - Super Clear Red
        AR1 - Super Clear Red II
        AR2 - Active Red
        BJ0 - Light Blue Metallic*
        BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl
        BN6 - Deep Marine Blue
        BP9 - Dark Blue Pearl
        BT2 - Champion Blue (the colour of the LM spec GTR 33s)
        DN0 - Green Metallic
        EV1 - Lightning Yellow
        EY0 - Silica Breeze
        GV1 - Black Pearl
        JW0 - Millenium Jade
        KG1 - Jet Silver Metallic
        KH2 - Gunmetal Grey Metallic
        KH3 - Black
        KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic
        KN6 - Dark Grey
        KP4 - Sonic Silver
        KR4 - Sonic Silver
        KV2 - Athlete Silver
        LP2 - Midnight Purple single pearl paint
        LV4 - Midnight Purple II triple pearl paint
        LX0 - Midnight Purple III chameleon paint
        QM1 - Cloud White
        QT1 - White Pearl
        QX1 - White Pearl
        TG0 - Light Grey Metallic*
        TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl
        TV2 - Bayside Blue
        WV2 - Sparkling Silver

BNR32
        KH2 - Gun Grey Metallic
        KG1 - Jet Silver Metallic
        TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl
        AH3 - Read Pearl Metallic
        732 - Black Pearl Metallic
        326 - Cristal White
        KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic
        BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl (special order)
        AN0 - Wine Red

BCNR33
        AN0 - Super Clear Red
        BN6 - Deep Marine Blue
        KH3 - Black
        KL0 - Spark Silver
        KN6 - Dark Grey Pearl
        LP2 - Midnight Purple
        QM1 - White
        BT2 - Champion Blue
        KP4 - Sonic Silver
        AR1 - Super Clear Red II

BNR34
        TV2 - Bayside Blue
        QM1 - White
        KR4 - Sonic Silver
        KV2 - Athlete Silver
        GV1 - Black Pearl
        AR2 - Active Red
        EV1 - Lightning Yellow
        LV4 - Midnight Purple II
        LX0 - Midnight Purple III
        WV2 - Sparkling Silver
        QX1 - White Pearl
        EY0 - Silica Breath
        JW0 - Millennium Jade

Comment

is that a soda holder in that gts pic?
          92 GTR

Comment

Does anyone know where I can buy TV2 bayside blue paint? There's GTR in my city (London) that just got painted TV2 but he said he had to order it from Japan. Is there anywhere in Ontario that has it in stock? Also Nissan said they dont have it. And paint shops around the city dont know the color to try mix it. Thanks
            Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Can't seem to find KH2 Gunmetal grey locally and can only find a generic KH2 nissan charcoal grey. I really don't want to have the paint scanned and mixed to match as im told scanners will just pick up particles from the canadian system and itll still be off. Been to various local paint shops around vancouver, and a couple of lordcos, napas, and an icbc repair shop and have all came out with the exact same answer and assume that charcoal grey will come out as a match. Can anyone verify this? I also called the SW marine nissan dealership and they said they cant but will look into ordering it from japan. So to those with a gunmetal grey r32, what did you guys do?

I also read somewhere that there are different shades of nissan gun metal grey, some darker, some lighter.

And I also just called PPG hoping they would have it in their paint library and same thing. They also told me about KAD gun metal which i think is off of an r35 GTR, but i assume its not a match.
              Last edited by M0nkeyMark; 06-15-2012, 05:37 PM.
              1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

I paint for a living and the "generic" kh2 is a pretty accurate match. Get your PPG rep to bring in the scanner. It may give you a totally different code but the match may actually be closer then the actual kh2 chip to your car. As long as the panel you scan is clean and you give it a polish it will read fine.

Comment

Don't let North American paint names throw you off. KG1 (Jet Metallic in Japan) is Platinum Blue in North America. To the naked eye, KG1 is 100% silver, so where does this blue come from? The secret is in the mix.

Anyway, KH2 is most definitely your color. As far as "matching" you have to remember your car is 20+ years old, the paint is old/faded. You will notice a difference between the old and new paint.

Go to Napa/Cmax and have it mixed in Dupont's "Nason" solvent based line. Definitely a nice finish.
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by M0nkeyMark View Post
                    Can't seem to find KH2 Gunmetal grey locally and can only find a generic KH2 nissan charcoal grey. I really don't want to have the paint scanned and mixed to match as im told scanners will just pick up particles from the canadian system and itll still be off. Been to various local paint shops around vancouver, and a couple of lordcos, napas, and an icbc repair shop and have all came out with the exact same answer and assume that charcoal grey will come out as a match. Can anyone verify this? I also called the SW marine nissan dealership and they said they cant but will look into ordering it from japan. So to those with a gunmetal grey r32, what did you guys do?

I also read somewhere that there are different shades of nissan gun metal grey, some darker, some lighter.

And I also just called PPG hoping they would have it in their paint library and same thing. They also told me about KAD gun metal which i think is off of an r35 GTR, but i assume its not a match.
                    Just curious where you are having your work done?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks for the prompt replies boys! I just had an old high school friend mix up some kh2 charcoal grey which costed me next to nothing along with primer, clear, and the required hardeners and reducers. Thankfully this saved me a lot, so I am going to test it out.

@MKIV if I had seen your advice on DuPont Nason solvent i would have asked my buddy about it, but ended up with some sherwin williams solvent based paints.

@Nimblestix It will be strictly DIY basecoat/clearcoat paintjob as I am just respraying my front fenders, side skirts, rear spats and chibi lip. Just trying to correct the ugly spray job the previous owner did.

Anyways although after opening the can, the paint doesn't look like a 100% match but hopfully after clearcoating, the mix wont be too far off. I have accepted the fact that it might be a possibility.

mark
                      Last edited by M0nkeyMark; 06-15-2012, 11:11 PM.
                      1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

Is it solvent or waterborne basecoat? If its WB it will look quite different until it dries. You can always slightly alter the colour simply by adjusting your gun settings. If you find the mix is too dark you can up your pressure and put on drier coats, if too light lower pressure and more product (wet coats) might be wise to do a spray out card to compare to the car before putting the paint on the panels!

Comment

Is this the BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl?

Car is advertised as being blue in colour, and I haven't been able to find a skyline with this exact colour.. Unless the lighting in the pic is off.

This is the GTST I'm really wanting to buy, owner took down the add and garaged it for the time being. So I'm hoping it's as good as mine. Just waiting on insurance payout from last car. Frustrating process.

If this one sells... Then next option for a 4dr is through right drive.
                          www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Originally posted by TheHire View Post
                            Is this the BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl?

Car is advertised as being blue in colour, and I haven't been able to find a skyline with this exact colour.. Unless the lighting in the pic is off.

This is the GTST I'm really wanting to buy, owner took down the add and garaged it for the time being. So I'm hoping it's as good as mine. Just waiting on insurance payout from last car. Frustrating process.

If this one sells... Then next option for a 4dr is through right drive.
                            The North American color is called Pewter Blue.
                            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                              The North American color is called Pewter Blue.
                              Thanks.

Cause i've looked at a lot of sedans on the Japanese auction sites and never seen this colour.
                              www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Hello I have this colour skyline and I need to find the colour code... So I can order some paint for it.

The build plate says the colour code is DNO... but when I search that code I keep getting metallic green.

As far as I can tell this is the original paint on the car though.

Any help would be appriciated.
                                www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Working...
                                X