Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R32: Dash removal to get to gauge cluster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32: Dash removal to get to gauge cluster.

Fairly straight forward, first I like to start by removing these screws.

Then once you have these out, the bottom part of the dash (where my turbo timer is on and where my boost gauge is) should pull down. Then you will see 3 screws close to the same location of the screws in picture 2 and 4 after you pull the bottom part of the dash down.

Remove these

Now that black part where your wiper controls should pull forward, unhook the connectors on both the left and right side, the whole panel should now come out.

There are now 4 screws holding your cluster in, remove these and pull your cluster out, unhook the connectors on the back of it (dont worry about where they go, the connectors are all different sizes).

Finished.

Next time I remove my cluster I will take pictures of the entire process, but its a fairly simple task.

When removing the black piece where your wiper controls are it is easier if you tilt the wheel all the way down.
    Last edited by quadracer111; 08-14-2010, 03:31 AM.
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Thanks a lot! Great pics. Im gonna take it apart tomorrow, ill try take some pics as well.
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I made a slight change as I forgot something...
      BNR32- Sold
      1998 Evolution V

Comment

when I first tried to remove the cluster for the first time, I totally forgot to tilt the steerting wheel down, lol what a stupid mistake.
        NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

sorry to hijack your thread 'quadracer111'

Just curious to know, whether it is easy to roll back the numbers on the cluster?

Comment

lol, what a guy
            NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Originally posted by NeptuneGTR View Post
              lol, what a guy
              sorry?

Comment

Originally posted by Murchie View Post
                sorry?
                ?

Yea really.. I plan to rewind my odometer eventually.. Once ive finished my motor build, my car, in theory will be new from the ground up, and the odo will be simply keeping track of chassis km which imo is useless.. 0 > 135,000 km in my books. Plus it keeps it neat when tracking oil change intervals and engine km's.
                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

I heard it also adds a extra 15hp if u crank it back it to zero

Comment

if you crank it past 250,000 your motor automatically blows
                    Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

what a bunch of jokers lol

Comment

Lol, I have no idea. And I can't try since I sold my r32.
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRWK View Post
                          if you crank it past 250,000 your motor automatically blows
                          Rofl!
                          Originally posted by kengeroo
                          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Murchie View Post
                            sorry to hijack your thread 'quadracer111'

Just curious to know, whether it is easy to roll back the numbers on the cluster?
                            I found it pretty hard, there is a circle with a square hole for a robertson screw driver at the back. I tried using a screw driver to roll my number back, but it didn't work at all. This may be because i had the cluster upside down, on my lap, so it might not have been catching, so i just pulled the cluster face back and manuall moved the numbers with my fingers (not the easiest thing to do, but it got the job done!)
                            Originally posted by Paradis
                            ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

This one time is was helping my homie out to go check out a car he saw in an ad for sale(96 civic) and supposedly in the ad it sad the car only 40,000 kms(this was last year by the way) anyways I was skeptical about that part, civics around here are just POS( well not all of them but most) When we went to go check out the car the first thing I went to look at was the odometer, and sure enough it was all fugly and messed up lol, I asked the seller what happend to the cluster, he immedetly got all worked up and started saying sh*t like if you dont belive what the speedo say I dont have to buy and other stuff, it was just really funny to me how defensive he got so just to give him a bit of a scare I mentioned odometer fraud, he immediately told us to leave the premises.... ok..........................

i wasnt raggin on you, its when you mentioned rolling back the odometer it just reminded me of this lol
                              NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Working...
                              X