Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wanted: windows 7- 64 bit version of nissan fast ...??? anyone got this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted: windows 7- 64 bit version of nissan fast ...??? anyone got this??

I have tried google, pirates bay and cant find
    nissan fast for a 64bit system
    I tried a vitual box ??
    didnt work
    if i hooked up a second hard drive
    and loaded xp on to that and then nissan fast would work on the harddrive
    but ??? is there a 64 bit version yet?

I would highly doubt it,,, only reason for someone to rewrite a 32 Bit app into 64 bit is to take advantage of the 64 Bit OS advantages.
    FAST seems like it's written in 8 bit
    download Virtual PC - XP mode (Microsoft free product) ,,, install it,, it'll create a virtual XP machine on your Windwos 7 and allow 32 Bit apps that are not compatible with 64 bit OS to run..

Comment

^ yeah he is right! That is how I have mine setup..

VMware is your best bet

Comment

where is everyone getting the normal dowload for fast? I've been looking for a while havn't been able to get a copy that works

Comment

do you have an FTP that can host it?

I can zip my files and upload it..

Comment

an FTP? lol, sorry I'm unfortunatly not as computer literate as i wish i would be. Learning curve haha

Comment

GTRPWR hosts a copy of Nissan FAST 2009 which works on Windows 7 64 bit (sort of, with a few glitches). You'd have to post like 300 posts to be able to download it though...
              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Hate to necropost like mad, but does anyone have a working copy of FAST that will work on 7? I just did a reinstall and lost the ability to use my old files. And I don't feel like post whoring on GTRPWR to get access to their download lol
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

To get the original nissan fast to work on Win 7 you have to use Virtual PC Windows XP mode

1. Use an existing Windows XP key with a blank install of Windows XP mode; or
                  2. If you have Win7 pro, you have a free virtual XP key embedded in the OS, which you can use with your Virtual PC Windows XP mode.

Details here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

I have a virtual PC with just enough OS space for FAST. It's constantly on hibernation with FAST running for quick lookups.
                  1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                    GTRPWR hosts a copy of Nissan FAST 2009 which works on Windows 7 64 bit (sort of, with a few glitches). You'd have to post like 300 posts to be able to download it though...
                    Nope this is not true. You don't need 300 posts on GTRPWR to get access on their FAST download.

Have this problem also, and I ended up installing it on my girl's laptop. Wasn't able to have access on the Virtual PC, and it's more of a hassle installing it on a Win7 64bit.

Comment

Yeah, I think I might just boot up my old Dell with XP on it and install it on that. Seems like less of a hassle than this is giving me lol
                      Originally posted by kengeroo
                      that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                      ...don't drink and ebay
                      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                      X