JDM Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM Radio

Does anyone know if a jdm radio can be modified to work properly in Canada? My car came with a mini disc in dash screen. Just wondering if it could be modified to work here.
    OBAKEBONO

Well if it has an in dash DVD, it will be PAL and not NTSC so there's a problem.
    Also the FM frequency range wont work, but you can buy FM frequency adapters.

Moved to FAQ.
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Most in-screen decks will play both formats now (I know my Pioneer does) and even some DVDs are coming with both NTSC and PAL on them
      1999 Suzuki GSX-R 750
      1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
      My skyline is now Sold

Comment

Japan works on NTSC, albeit slightly different to american NTSC but still compatible.

Their radio frequencies however aren't the same as the US, so you'll only pick up stations in the 88 - 92 range. You can buy band expanders for your factory or JDM tyte radio for about 25 bucks off ebay, but 99.9% of import owners chuck em out and get a newer, nicer model that plays this newfangled thing called MP3's.
        ѕhan :: play@ :: work@

Comment

dvd

thanks alot
          i wanna keep this one cause ..its rare i guess plus it has a mini disc n a gps so...ill see what i can do!
          OBAKEBONO

Comment

Its a stereo at the end of the day. Its about as rare as men with penises (well penii to be exact).

Here's what you need in any case:

Its what we all use down here, and our FM frequencies are the same as the US.
            ѕhan :: play@ :: work@

Comment

radio frequencies

Thanks mate!
              OBAKEBONO

Comment

i bought one of those fm expander on ebay. and it worked pretty good in montreal

i can get almost every channel. but some are missing, but i get most of the popular one like 92.5 , 94.3, 96.9, 97.7 and some others

GOT HID RETROFIT???

Comment

fm converter

Thanks!
                  OBAKEBONO

Comment

Working...
                  X