X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Control Diagnostics R32 and R33

Climate Control Diagnostics R32 and R33
    The climate control has a diagnostic mode.
    Enter the diagnostic mode by pressing the OFF button for five seconds within ten seconds of turning the ignition on.
    Sensor check
    Sensor check is selected by pressing HOT switch (the red triangle) while in diagnostic mode. The microcomputer detects whether each sensor input signal is within correct parameters. The results are displayed on the screen.
    If normal, a "20" is displayed.
    If abnormal the failed sensor number is displayed. The sensor numbers are as follows:
    20 - all is normal
    21 - outside air sensor
    22 - Inside air sensor
    23 - Water temperature sensor
    24 - Intake temperature sensor
    25 - Sunload sensor (small sensor on the left hand side of the dashboard near the windscreen)best to test outside for this :!:
    26 - PBR
    27 - Refrigerant temperature sensor
    This should tell you if any of your sensors are faulty.
    Mode door position check
    (This is probably not the cause of your problems but it is a nifty self check to play with).
    While in Sensor check, depress the HOT button again. This will operate the the mode door actuator, and checks the whether the position detection switch is operating. Again the results are displayed on the display.
    If normal, a "30" is displayed.
    If abnormal the number of the faulty mode is displayed as follows:
    30: Normal
    31: VENT
    32: B/L (Bi level)
    34: FOOT
    35: DEFROST/FOOT
    36: DEFROST
    Actuator operation check
    By pressing the HOT button while in Mode Door Position check, you can actually send a signal to check the operation of the actuator manually. This is a bit complex, and will be expanded upon when a manual can viewed.
    R32-GTR +944S2 ,S.O.C UK , GT-R Register UK

Cool, im gonna try this when I get off work.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Definately giving this a try.
      Stickified.
      Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Now for R33 if I get error 41 on the last step

"Actuator operation check
        By pressing the HOT button while in Mode Door Position check, you can actually send a signal to check the operation of the actuator manually. This is a bit complex, and will be expanded upon when a manual can viewed."

What does that mean? I checked the manuals, google but found nothing so far

Comment

I also got extra codes that were not included in my R32. In the following order: 3, 41, 5

I just checked again, I get a 20 for normal, 30 for normal, but get a 41 and a 5 following that still.

So I guess 41 and 5 are the unknowns here, if anybody could help that would be great.
          Last edited by boomer3; 11-26-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X