New Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Immigrant

I will migrate to Toronto from HK in the next few months. I want to bring a R34 to there, can I register the car in canada?

Re: New Immigrant

Originally posted by Cooly
    I will migrate to Toronto from HK in the next few months. I want to bring a R34 to there, can I register the car in canada?
    You probably can, are you coming here on a work or student visa? If your thinking of permanently migrating I am not sure how you would go about registering it. Best bet would be to ask someone who is fimiliar with your import/export laws, and see what best applies to your scenario.

Comment

if you're coming on student visa, you can keep the car as long as your visa is valid....if you're moving here perminantely the ministry gives you, I believe, 12 months to keep the car to kind of give you time to get on your feet, find work, find a place to live, and get money for a car from here...the R34 would have to be exported or crushed after those 12 months
      \"Keep cool and you command everybody.\"

Comment

Thanks our_kid & pmdawg. I am coming on permantently. Seems like I should not bring it in & I prefer to buy another one via the import car company legally. Do you guys have any suggestions for the import car company? I will living in Toronto, Richmond hill.
        Also, all the famous japanese cars are right hand driving, is it necessary to change the steering to left hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooly
          Thanks our_kid & pmdawg. I am coming on permantently. Seems like I should not bring it in & I prefer to buy another one via the import car company legally. Do you guys have any suggestions for the import car company? I will living in Toronto, Richmond hill.
          Also, all the famous japanese cars are right hand driving, is it necessary to change the steering to left hand side.
          Nope, a RHD car can remain RHD in Canada. As for good importing companies, your best bet is to just get settled down here first then worry about that. There are a few local import companies that you can deal with.
          Race. Win. Live.

Comment

just to add a little bit of clarification...
            1)after the 12 month term, you have the option of deporting the car, crushing it or turning it into "Show/offroad"
            2) RHD can remain RHD... but it needs to be 15yrs old to come here in the first place
            3) www.importconcern.ca
            90 Nissan GTS-t Type M
            Originally posted by DrMango
            Your past girl friends must have really skewed your idea of what "tight" is.

Comment

^^ once a car is registered for the street it can't be registered for show, and vise versa in Canada....so I believe
              \"Keep cool and you command everybody.\"

Comment

Working...
              X