Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What months were the 1990 Nismo's Produced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What months were the 1990 Nismo's Produced?

I've been looking everywhere trying to find this out and this is all I know about them:

Feb/22/90 - BNR32 NISMO Announced
    March/11/90 - Shipped
    Air intake in front bumper
    Sub rear spoiler added
    Side protector modified
    Protection net removed
    Air guide for intercooler newly added
    Special Turbine
    Special exhaust manifold
    Without ABS, an Air Conditioner, rear windshield wiper and audio
    Only available gungray metalic color

Usually when companies produce limited run vehicles they do it all in one shot, all during the same time. So they'd produce these starting Feb 22, and ship them all on March 11. However that's "usually," Japanese companies do some weird things sometimes so I'm just trying to figure out if ALL the Nismos are March 2005 eligible or were they made throughout 1990, making them eligible from March 2005 onwards.

Any help in resolving this would be a MAJOR help.

Oh ya and if anyone knows more about the mods to the Nismo's that'd be very very helpful....the use of the word "special" is all great an all, but means nothing. And to be honest I have no clue what a side protector and removal of the protection net means.

Edit: The R32 Nismo turbo is a 62 trim T04B with a .42 a/r compressor and a CD79 trim T25 with a .64 a/r turbine

p.s. Anyone drive a car without ABS before? Comments?

I've driven cars w/o ABS, and I perfer ABS over non-ABS.

Sure people claim you can modulate brakes with your foot better than ABS can. But think about it logically, ABS has 4 channels, and 4 sensors.

That means it can pervent each wheel from locking each time. Now w/o abs you basically have a pedal that's on or off. So how can you modulate each wheel individually using one pedal? I mean it would be understandable if there were 4 brake pedals and you had 4 extra sets of legs...
    Tuning the Spec V until I can own a V Spec...

Regional Coordinator - Manitoba

Comment

Threshold braking...no abs needed 8)

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyZ
        Threshold braking...no abs needed 8)
        I agress JZ!!!! NO abs here.....when I had my Impreza I had a switch that could turn the ABS on and off with!!! It was great for auto-x's and the winter when I wanted to have my wheels lock up so I could set up my car for around a corner

I have been taught to threshold brake so it is easy for me!!!

Steve
        Nismo stands for Nissan Motorsports, right? So then I guess Homo stands for Honda Motorsports?
        GTi-R, the baby \'zilla!

Comment

I was never taught it...

what exactly is "threshold breaking" like I'm not too sure how you can feel if your brakes are locking up or not.

teach me
          Tuning the Spec V until I can own a V Spec...

Regional Coordinator - Manitoba

Comment

Do these Nismo GT-Rs have special frame numbers? If you look at the numbers of GT-Rs produced since August 1989, they produced around 1000/month until Jan and Feb 1990, where they only produced around 300 and 150 respectively. Then in March 1990 they go back to making 1000/month. Is this because they were manufacturing Nismo GT-Rs?
            Christian of

Comment

Originally posted by aerocabin
              Do these Nismo GT-Rs have special frame numbers?
              I would assume they were slightly different than other BNR32 frame numbers so you could actually distinguish between the two should anyone ever try to "forge" a Nismo by adding or subtracting the parts.

If you look at the numbers of GT-Rs produced since August 1989, they produced around 1000/month until Jan and Feb 1990, where they only produced around 300 and 150 respectively. Then in March 1990 they go back to making 1000/month. Is this because they were manufacturing Nismo GT-Rs?
              Excellent theory and quite possible. The only other explaination that I can give for the slowdown in production in Jan and Feb 1990 is that they were changing model years and did some minor things to the car, however nothing is mentioned to be different in 1989 to 1990. I believe you are right, I just have to confirm it.

I found this site after typing in the first BNR32 frame number on google. And clicking on the nismo word. I believe it says quite a bit about them but I don't read Japanese, nor do I have a translator. If anyone who could translate would I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Just found this on Skyline Down Under, thank god for those Aussies and Kiwis:

Early August 21,1989 - BNR32-000051 / BNR32-017466
                BNR32-100001 ~ 100560 Nismo
                Middle August 20,1991 - BNR32-212001
                Late January 1993 - BNR32-300001 / BNR32-314649
                November 7,1994 - BNR32-314649 Regular GT-R
                October 13,1994 - Vspec - BNR32-313609
                October 20,1994 - Vspec II - BNR32-313930

As you can see the Nismo's were the only R32s that started with a 1. The earlyl R32s started with a 0, and jumped to a 2.

Still can't confirm the exact build dates though.....

Comment

This is what it said on that site about the nismo using a translator (not a good one tho lol)

< ニスモ 1990.3.11 DEBUT >

The light weight conversion which it is thorough in order to raise combat power was administered from 0

GT - R ニスモ was born March 11 when of 90 half year elapses from sale, as an evolution model of group A measure.
                  Because of all the Japanese touring car championships where after the selling opening is planned promptly in addition to the scarcity due to limitation sale, it was the model where the extent popularity where also an anecdote that remains 500 units sold completely with reservation, is high.
                  The big modification point with appearance thing, abolish the wire net before the intercooler thing, and the small-sized ria which provide two ducts in the bumper by the fact that jauntily aero part such as Ra and hood top mall is added, is about that then the rear wiper is abbreviated for lightening.
                  Simply, durability with race/lace is considered in regard to the engine, the material of the turbine from the ceramics has been modified in the metal. Basic specification is the same as those of the ceramics, but refining is administered finely e.g., A/R is modified a little in those for high-speed travelling.
                  Also the air conditioner and the audio there is no necessity for race/lace were abbreviated light weight conversion in purpose. In addition, because either ABS is not equippedfrom the similar reason, also the fact that ポッカリ and the opening have been less crowded in the engine compartment right inner part where the supplemental devices are stuffed closely, is feature of this model.

(Main specification modification point)

- Turbine wheel material of turbocharger from ceramics modification to metal
                  - Adding the air intake to the front bumper
                  - Addition of hood top mall
                  - Modification of side sill protector
                  - The small-sized ria jauntily Ra addition
                  - Abolition of rear wiper
                  -The abolitionof ABS
                  -Abolition of activeamenity system

[ Quotation ] ハイパーレブ vol.56 NISSAN R32GT-R,
                  Corporation news publication and 2001 February 20th issue, page 146

* When it seems that request & contents by mistake is, indication we ask.
                  1987 Lamborghini Countach

Comment

Just got word that the Nismo I was looking at sold 2 days after the ad was posted....

Comment

Well that's no fun at all.
                      marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

They had two and sold them both within 2 days of the ad.....

I did the calculations surrounding how many Nismos should be left in good condition of the original 560. I figured 35.....so the chances of finding another one in the same condition with the same kms is low if not impossible.

No Nismo for me

Comment

ack, that really sucks

but you'll find a nice one i'm sure of it
                          VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

MOVED TO FAQ

UM

Comment

Working...
                            X