Poor Mans Power FC Boost control kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Mans Power FC Boost control kit!

So for a while I had been looking at getting one of these for my Power FC but honestly the prices are totally out to lunch. I mean seriously Apexi wants to charge you over $400 for a pressure control solenoid, a 3 bar map sensor and some wires and hoses? Not for this guy...

So I did some digging and found that all you really need is the pressure sensor (a 3bar map sensor), the proper solenoid, and the proper connector to connect the pressure sensor to the PFC. Then just do your own wiring.

Heres the same solenoid you get with the Apexi kit, also the same solenoid as the AVC-R.
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Solenoid for HKS EVC-S APEXi ARC-R Boost Controller at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Heres the pressure sensors that includes the harness that connects it to the PFC.
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Pressure Map Sensor Apexi Powe FC Boost Control Kit 3PL at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

The PFC uses the stock boost control solenoid wiring for boost control so you just use that for the new solenoid.

So there you have it, A PFC boost control kit for around $160CAD plus whatever hoses and wiring you need. Hope this saves some of you guys some money!

Got any idea where to get the harness separate... I Got the sensors from my avcr that I could use
    95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Hey man. Did u get it to work? I am looking for different options. I have a hks evc5 which I am looking to install. But I would also like to be able to use my Power fc boost control function. So I am also hunting down a used power fc boost controller. So of this works I might just sell my evc5 and use this instead.
      10 Infiniti FX35
      09 Infiniti G37X coupe
      02 Subaru WRX....sold
      01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
      90-00-08 BNR32
      92 NX2000...sold
      95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

its your lucky day!

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
        Hey man. Did u get it to work? I am looking for different options. I have a hks evc5 which I am looking to install. But I would also like to be able to use my Power fc boost control function. So I am also hunting down a used power fc boost controller. So of this works I might just sell my evc5 and use this instead.
        I just ordered the parts tonight, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I will keep everyone posted.
        Last edited by bignate; 06-14-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

the sensor and solenoid arrived today in the mail. Might be a while, but I will post again when I have them hooked up and working.

Comment

Did you ever get this working?
            Is it possible to use the stock Solenoid instead of wiring the apexi one into the old plug
            95 R33 Gtr

Comment

Originally posted by cory View Post
              Did you ever get this working?
              Is it possible to use the stock Solenoid instead of wiring the apexi one into the old plug
              I haven't had a chance to hook up my power FC yet as I've been trying to solve some drivability problems before I remove the factory ECU. As for using the OEM boost control solenoid I'm not sure if it would work. The power FC is designed to control that particular solenoid so I'm not sure if the outputs are the same between the stock ECU and Power FC. For the extra $100 you might as well get a superior solenoid.

Comment

i just hooked it all up and wired the solenoid to the stock location and the car just stalls on idle and when driving i can hear the solenoid clicking untill its under 1800rpms and its not reading boost at all
                95 R33 Gtr

Comment

I think I got it figured out... I don't think the pressure sensor for the avcr will work... Needs a 3 bar map sensor
                  95 R33 Gtr

Comment

They sell the map sensor for alot cheaper then $400. Still worth doing just need their map sensor correct?
                    RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

I think so ya ... The map sensor on their site is $180.... I just ordered a eBay one ... Hope it all works , I'll know next week
                      95 R33 Gtr

Comment

There is a history of the PFC boost controller not holding boost well. I fell victim to this while having my car tuned last week. It was good until the higher revs/boost levels then fell off. We couldn't figure out why.
                        Robin at Synoptic suggested a ProfecB.
                        PHACK i hate paying a bunch of money trying to do things "right" and they still don't work properly!

Comment

Working...
                        X