Midnight Purple R32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Purple R32

For the last little while i've been trying to find any information on the midnight purple edition of the r32. But the basic question that no one seems to be able to answer for me is, Was the midnight purple r32 an August release skyline? This question has been keeping me up at night for the last few weeks, and its getting to a point where i'm willing to kill someone to find out. Ugh. Anyways thanks for any help given.

No such thing as a Midnite Purple R32 unfortunately.

Midnight purple was only available on a limited number of Skylines and of those skylines only the R33 and R34 had the midnight purple. Here are the colours of the late and early model R32s:

Color Codes - Early/Middle:
    326 - Crystal White
    KH2 - Gunmetal Grey
    KL0 - Super Silver Metallic
    AH3 - Red Pearl
    732 - Black Pearl Metallic
    BL0 - Greyish Blue Pearl - Special Order
    TH1 - Dark Blue Pearl - Special Order

Late:
    326- Crystal White
    KH2 - Gunmetal Grey
    KL0 - Super Silver Metallic
    AH3 - Red Pearl
    732 - Black Pearl Metallic

If it's any consulation I want a purple car....But I'd probably paint it Midnite Purple....

Comment

Thank you greatly for your help sempai, but are the dark metalic colours released later than august?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
        Thank you greatly for your help sempai, but are the dark metalic colours released later than august?
        Early/Middle = 1989-1992

Late = 1993+

So anything in the early/middle column are the ones that would be available. I can tell you though just from browsing and perusing auto websites that are selling early model R32's that the following colours are the most common (in order of how common they are):

1) Gunmetal Grey - 7 in 10 R32's seem to be this colour.
        2) Black/White - 2 in 10 R32's seem to be this colour.
        3) Silver - About as common as white.
        4) Blue - I've seen 3 blues in 5 months. 2 looked aftermarket
        5) Red - VERY rare. You'll see more reds in 1990.

Honestly just find a good GTR in good condition, if you make the colour one of your deciding factors your going to have to wait for a long time. You should be willing to accept a Gunmetal grey. I guarantee you that 90% of the people on here who do actually buy a Skyline will have a grey one. If you don't like the colour you can always repaint. Just look for something in good condition that's the most important thing with a 15 year old car.

Comment

Working...
        X