This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Sources for RB Motors & Front Clips

I was in Montreal yesterday and checked out a few of the Japanese motor importers in the Saint-Leonard area in my search for some decent bits to use for an RB motor upgrade for my 1973 240Z. Nothing I saw was what I'm looking for, an R32 GT-R front clip that is reasonably complete. This is what I saw though and thought I would pass it along in case anyone else is interested.

Japan Domestic Motor Inc.
    8250 Du Creusot
    St-Leonard, QC H1P 2A4
    1-866-322-4449

Run by a guy named Aziz (sp?) who spends quite a bit of time in Japan sourcing product. Has a good selection of Skyline bits in stock in Montreal actually, I saw two fairly decent ECR33 front clips, one with about 110,000km. the other with about 135,000 km. Also an RB26DETT engine/tranny set (missing the proper ECU though - says he has a "racing" one he'll sell for $200 US but no idea what specs.) and a couple of RB25DET motors in mediocre shape. Nothing is compression tested though so check them out closely before you buy.

Tokyo Motor Imports Inc.
    8210 Du Creusot
    St-Leonard, QC H1P 2A4
    514-322-5558
    Best selection of high quality JDM Engines, JDM Transmissions, JDM Front Clips, JDM Parts. JDM Cars: Acura, Honda, Nissan, Toyota. Call us: (514) 322-5558

The local manager appears to be a guy named Amir Waheedy. They didn't have anything on hand but will source for your requirements, the owner of the business is actually located in Japan. Claims they have really good prices!!

Osaka Moteurs Japonais
    8155 Boul. Longelier
    St-Leonard, QC H1P 2B7
    514-382-4333
    unknown if they have a web site

Largest inventory of motors - had to be a least 200-300 motors in their warehouse, lots of Honda, Subaru, Mazda, Nissan & Mitsu motors. Only had one RB26DETT motor/tranny there. Looked quite clean and in good condition but was missing its ECU. Had a least one Skyline front clip with an RB25DET but I didn't look at it. Seems to source from a company in Tokyo called North South Engine Exporters. Mainly specializes in just motors, not much front clip (half-cut) action.

Maybe we can add a spot to the forum for people to add any info they have on possible sources for Skyline motors? Some of us may need this info in the months ahead.
    1991 Case 580K 2WD Extendahoe (aka "Brutus")
    2006 Ford F350 SD PSD Crew DRW (aka "Monster")
    2006 Kubota F2880 60" Mower & 51" Snowblower (aka "Buzz")

Oasak is not recommended from the Quebec forums I go on, some have had bad experience with them. I can't personally say anything since I haven't bought from them but just a heads up.

Alex (nismo) had a good motor place where he bought his SR20DET from, he says they are a bit more expensive then other places but they have nice quality stuff. I'll try to ask him the name of the place next time I chat with him.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

Good thread, this is the sort of thing we need an actual web page for, with a links section etc . . . for now, I'll move this to FAQ and make it a sticky.

J
      marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

I don't know about QUANTITY but I know this place had a few lying around.

Got my VG30DETT for 1500 cash.

BIG JAPANASE USED AUTO PARTS
        located in Toronto

www.canada411.com <-- learn to love it.
        8)
        Race. Win. Live.

Comment

When I bought my KLZE for my MX3 I got it from Nagano Japanese.. I organised a group buy and checked out a lot of the stores in montreal... (Engine Land, Japan Domestic, Nagano Japanese, Osaka, Japan Motor Import).. All I have to say is be careful with all of them, they all operate in a little network. Osaka is the worst in the area, never buy from osaka.

I ended up ordering about 9 KLZE's from Nagano.. I ordered 9 KLZE Short neck engine with 9 ECU's// (because we need the ecu's if we want the engine to operate properly in the MX3) .. we ended up getting about 7 KLZE long necks, 1 short neck, and 0 ECU's... they ended up "fixing" the situation by getting 8 otehr short neck engines from other importers in montreal (he got a few of them from his cousin who runs Japan motor import).. but after months of waiting for ECU's we never got them.
          The engines were dirty and the service was shitty.
          but then again, the service seemed shitty everywhere I went..

If I were to buy another engine again I would suggest Engine land, they are the most expensive in the area but there engines look better or else Japan Domestic.. the manager was very friendly and helpful.

They will all lie about there motors! At that time I didn't know anything about the JDM world.. they all told us the engines had 80 000KM and Under because of specific Japanese law that dais after 80K you eaither had to junk the car or change the engine.. anyways, you learn with time.

Here are a few pictures of Nagano and the engines we got, if it can help you guys out.. This is what it looks like when they recieve a shipment..

Buy with caution.. I wasn't so unlucky with my KLZE (although my head gasketm ight be going after 10K with it) but others had really crappy engines..and the warrenty is worth jack!
          2 times ex-Skyline GTR owner. 2004-2009

Comment

Last edited by wtfmoses; 12-26-2016, 03:07 AM.
            Derek Moseley
            Alamo Industries

Comment

Working...
            X