Changing your brake pads DIY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing your brake pads DIY!

Yes this is for a 300ZX TT, but since they are soooo similar I figured someone might like this DIY... If this is in the wrong place sorry, I was at a lose of where to put it...

For the SERIOUS '90+ Nissan 300ZX owner in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex

Mods, I made a crappy title there... oooops! Please change as you see fit.
    Brand new GT2860R-5 turbos - Blitz SS intake cones - Tein Super Street Coilovers 16 way - New leather shift and E-brake boots - Silly GTR billet lighter plug - LED guages lights conversion
    - Greddy Turbo and Exhaust temp guages in A pillar pod - 3" Fujitsubo exhaust - 18" Gunmetal Tenzo wheels

- Royal Purple everything - New upper front suspension links - New belts - New tensioner and idelr pully - New timing belt - New N1 waterpump - New a/c vents

That's a good Howto, but maybe the title should read changing your brake pads I had no idea what this post was about until looking at it haha

But regardless that is some good information for the less technically advanced. My last car could be changed easily, this is a little more complicate.d

Comment

GTS-t Type M brakes are identical to the 91 +
      GTR rear calipers are the same as the Z rear's only the fronts are a little larger.

Good how to :-D
      The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

shims are overrated
        just slam some of that brake silicone on the back of the pads where the pistons contact
        Skyline hipster owl

Comment

I think there are a couple of important steps missed at the end:

1) You have to bed the new pads, as they haven't molded to the shape of the rotor yet (especially important when replacing rotos at the same time. This process involves accelerating in a straight line, then hitting the brakes, doing this several times over. You will NOT be able to stop properly at first if you don't do this.

2) When you manually compress the brake pistons, air gets into the lines. You must bleed the brakes after changing pads. Besides, it's a piece of cake, good brake fluid is cheap, and it's crucial for safety's sake.
          1999 Nissan Stagea RS Four S, White

Previous JDM Rides:
          1992 Nissan President Sovereign Junction Produce, Black (sold to NICOclubber)
          1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black (sold to GTRCer)
          1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black (sold to GTRCer)

Comment

would the n/a brake pads from the z32 work for my gts??

Comment

Working...
            X