No announcement yet.

My "ULTIMATE" Car Detailing plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love this thread, i've been detailing for about 3-4 years now. and everyone posts up these detailed descriptions of what they are doing, the products they are using and the time frame. A lot of what i read is true but what i don't understand is how ne one can spend more than two solid days max detailing a car.

And i'm talking undercarrage shampoo, undercoat, 5 stage cut polish, engine clean (acid and paint rusty parts cars from the coast), minor paint repair and complete interior clean. What works so much better and faster than a small brush for interiors is take some degreaser to all the cracks in the car and then air hose them, if you have access to an air compressor. I can have the nastiest interior imaculate in 2 hours.

But i guess after that many years of detailing on peicework you get fast and good

Comment

If you're in Calgary, let me know! I'm coming to visit
      If anyone is interested in this car, let me know.

Comment

I got my self alot of work this week end :shock:

Oh yeah, the car is black lol

Comment

Originally posted by gtst20
          i love this thread, i've been detailing for about 3-4 years now. and everyone posts up these detailed descriptions of what they are doing, the products they are using and the time frame. A lot of what i read is true but what i don't understand is how ne one can spend more than two solid days max detailing a car.

And i'm talking undercarrage shampoo, undercoat, 5 stage cut polish, engine clean (acid and paint rusty parts cars from the coast), minor paint repair and complete interior clean. What works so much better and faster than a small brush for interiors is take some degreaser to all the cracks in the car and then air hose them, if you have access to an air compressor. I can have the nastiest interior imaculate in 2 hours.

But i guess after that many years of detailing on peicework you get fast and good
          Well I could probably get this done in a day if I was doing working SOLID at it...But as I said, it'll take me a week to get this done as I work 9-6 during the day(mon-friday), then have school at night. So I might only get 2 hours a night to work on it...That' why it'll take me as long as I posted above

Comment

Well I've got most of my products here....Here's a picture of MOST Of the products I'll be using for my project (all my microfiber towels etc and a lot of the other tools aren't in the pic...But you get the idea)

Here's some of my detailing supplies (not all but most of them)

I'm also doing detailing on the side now, so if any of Victoria skyline owners are looking to have their car properly polished and waxed for summer. Shoot me a PM...I may be a little more expensive than the guys in town, but I also work on your car for 8+ hours I use better products, and you'll get a better result.

Comment

Originally posted by nickR32
              I got my self alot of work this week end :shock:

Oh yeah, the car is black lol

i've never seen a car as dirty as that...holy carp....what happened !! :shock:
              All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
              Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
              Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

Well I've had the car for about 2 weeks now, and I've started on the interior. I outlined what I've used below for anyone who's interested in doing something like this. Being that I do detailing on the side, I've already got all the supplies and tools.

Besides renewing the interior, Im also spray bombing the car since it reaks like cigarettes :x

For Steaming Interior Carpets / Upholstery
                Bissell Little Green Cleaning Machine (Non-Heated / Turbo version)
                Shark High Temperature Professional Steamer (w/ Upholsterly Attachment)
                Diluted Oxyclean
                Generic Bissell Upholstery Cleaner
                Elbow Grease

Interior Cleaning / Dressing
                Heavily Diluted Oxyclean
                MrClean Magic Eraser(s)
                Misc Interior Brushes for Vents
                Stoners Invisible Glass w/ Newspaper for Interior Glass.
                303 Aerospace Protectant.
                Megs NXT Interior Protectant.

Basically I started by removing the ENTIRE interior. With the interior out I could get into the tougher spots easily and work on removing the smoke smell. I started by completely steaming and extracting the headliner. Being that smoke rises, the headliner was pretty gross. After I was done with it, however, it looked pretty damn clean and smelt pretty good!

After cleaning up the dash it got 2 types of dressings. I like using the Aerospace on the larger part of the dash (has a satin look to it) and then the glossier NXT on some of the smaller pieces.

NEWHO, Here are some pics of the progress for the interior. This weekend I'll be doing a FULL multi-stage cutpolish on her, so be prepared for that. I've also done a little work on the engine bay, however it's no where near ready to post

INTERIOR REMOVED

INTERIOR REMOVED

FLOOR MATS

IN PROGRESS

DONE

INTERIOR DRESSED AND BACK TOGETHER

Newho I'll update this thread with the cutpolish pics next weekend!! :ca

Comment

SWEEEEEEETTTTT job my friend. :wink:

Don't forget to post up how many hours (ish) it took to do everything. That way you'll scare all of us in to not doing this and you'll have the cleanest Skyline around. :P
                  RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
                  Mods: A few things .
                  Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

Awesome job. I swear by 303 Aerospace for the interior plastics and vinyls. Anyone still using armorall needs to try it-- get rid of that greasy feeling forever!

Lemme ask ya, how do you find the NXT interior treatment? Is it greasy at all, being as glossy as it is?

Comment

Originally posted by spd-dmn
                      Awesome job. I swear by 303 Aerospace for the interior plastics and vinyls. Anyone still using armorall needs to try it-- get rid of that greasy feeling forever!

Lemme ask ya, how do you find the NXT interior treatment? Is it greasy at all, being as glossy as it is?
                      Yes it's very greasy, that's why I usually only use it on specific pieces. Something im not bound to touch that much. It's great for gloss and UV protection, but it is rather greasy......

I spent roughly 6 hours on the interior. It takes a few mins to remove the entire interior and do everything the right way.

I spent about another 4 on the engine bay yesterday / today. I'll be posting some before/afters of the engine bay tommorow.

Comment

Here are the pics of the engine bay detail!!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I think it turned out quite well
                        I'll be doing updating this thread again next week with the cutpolish pics...Then it's photoshoot time!

Comment

Nice nice.. its looking awsome..
                          Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

You sir are a master!
                            I'll try my best to clean up my GTR, especially the engine bay the way you did!

Excellent job!

My cars:
                            1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                            1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Ah he's lying! He just swapped motor's and put a brand new one in that's all. :P

Teehee, I'm just kiddin bro. The work is SUPERB!!!!!

How or what, did you use to get it so clean?
                              RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
                              Mods: A few things .
                              Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

Originally posted by sidewazegtst
                                Ah he's lying! He just swapped motor's and put a brand new one in that's all. :P

Teehee, I'm just kiddin bro. The work is SUPERB!!!!!

How or what, did you use to get it so clean?
                                Here's what I use:

Shark Hi-Temp Professional Steamer (perfect for getting in nooks n crannies and great for blasting away grease/oil
                                Castrol Superclean (use it sparingly, this is VERY harsh stuff)
                                Generic Heavy Duty Degreaser
                                Misc Brushes/Microfiber Towels
                                Lots of elbow grease

For dressings
                                303 Aerospace
                                Stoners Trim Dressing

As I mentioned earlier, I spent about 6 hours on the interior, and about 4 on the engine bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X