Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My reaction to my car went VIRAL, and I wanted to share with fellow GTRC members.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My reaction to my car went VIRAL, and I wanted to share with fellow GTRC members.

So, first a little background of the story. My GTR broke down last summer, no surprises there. At the time I didn’t have the funds to repair it, and as summer was almost over, I decided to tow it home. What happened? I was out on a cruise, on a hot summers day, no rips, no hitting the rev limiter, just enjoying the car. I reached my destination fine. When I got back, I saw my car had a few coolant drips, and I started getting a queasy feeling. So, I got into my car, started it, and decided to idle in the parking lot, as I was unsure. Monitoring my gauges, I saw my temp gauge hit 3/4 to H, and it kept climbing, I immediately shut the car off, and popped the hood. I saw the engine was steaming. Knowing it was a coolant problem, I inspected the rad and the hoses, bone dry. I was somewhat relieved, as I had just changed the rad and hoses myself, the week prior, and hoped it wasn’t a careless mistake. I looked to the ground to see a HUGE puddle of coolant, most of it concentrated to the back of the engine. I quickly pulled out my phone and started recording as I like to have something to refer to when diagnosing the problem myself, or helping shop workers do so, and not to just go off my memory. It has helped me out many times. I towed the car home, and got to searching the web.

Fast-forward a year. I towed the car to a shop, doing my research I had a hunch it was the heater hose, as it was to the back of the engine, and A LOT of coolant. Doing the research on it, to get to the heater hose on the 32 GTR, you gotta take the intake plenum off, which is about 4 hours for someone who knows what they’re doing =/=me. The shop diagnosed the problem and told me my hunch was right, ok great! Wrong, he told me to get the Samco silicone hose kit, which I wanted, would take 6-8 weeks to arrive. And the Nissan original rubber hose would be cheaper, and would come in 3-4 weeks, I didn’t want to this either. So, I gave Daryl at Right Drive a call, and he told me he had a Samco kit in stock. It was also cheaper than what I was quoted, and that I’d get it within 2-3 days. My god I thought, this man is a god send, Daryl seriously came in clutch. So I dropped the hoses off at the shop, and within the week I got the call that my car was ready. . I came to the shop with a gas tank, as the car was low on gas. I paid the man, and was on my way.

The feeling of being in my car again was indescribable. This car has caused me a lot of heartache, breaking on me multiple times, not being reliable. But at that moment, all of that was negated, and I only felt bliss. Only a few cars can evoke such an emotion, and the GTR is definitely one of them.
    So, leaving the premises, I stepped on the gas, and the following was my reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXSHJbLvkRg <---(plugging my youtube channel, subscribe!)

So since then, popular YouTube channel Car Throttle, picked up the video and posted it to their FB, and in a matter of days it has reached 1.6 million views!

The video is being shared like crazy, people tagging their friends, saying they would react the same when they got behind the wheel of their car again. It’s really cool to see, how car people all over the world can relate and unite.

I’m happy that what was a sad situation has eventually turned into a good one.

If you guys don’t mind, I’d really appreciate it if you guys could like my FB page.
    Revolution Corsa. 336 likes. I make vlogs about my car, and other car related things! I post mainly on youtube, search RevolutionCorsa.

And a big thank you to GTRC and its members for posting, and helping me learn more about my car!

I saw your video 25 minutes after you uploaded it, crazy how many views it got. Keep posting videos man

Comment

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X