Importer review: JDM import, Vancouver, BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importer review: JDM import, Vancouver, BC

Well, I imported a Silvia in the spring, so i figured I'd share my story with you all. Kouki S14 silvias have long been one of my favorite cars, and so I figured with my skyline as a daily driver, a kouki s14 would make a great track car. The hunt for an importer began.

I contacted all of the major importers, but I found that they were either out of my price range, or, more commonly, didn't care enough to respond. I was disheartened, as id heard lots of great things about some of these importers, and so for them to ignore me was pretty disappointing.

Jdm import review:

I eventually ended up meeting with Ivan from JDM import, since he was always very quick to respond, and, better yet, he was only about 45 mins away. He was very nice and accommodating. Many of the importers that I'd contacted before didn't respond, or stopped responding after one or two emails, whereas Ivan responded almost immediately.

I searched for a Silvia through the auctions and some sites that he suggested, although I ended up finding the one that I imported on my own. The car looked and sounded great online, and so after getting more info about it from Ivan, i told him that if the car was rust-free, and had no major issues, I'd take it.

We moved forward from there. Ivan was extremely helpful during the import process. Once the car arrived, I realized it was full of structural rust, and the odometer didn't work, as well as a few smaller issues that I wasn't as concerned with.

I contacted Ivan about it immediately, he told me they were looking into it, and that's the last that I heard from him.

Had the car arrived without rust, or only a tiny bit of non structural rust, as I'd expected, then I'd give him a five star rating, but, because the car is essentially garbage and can only be used for parts, I gave him a two star. I understand that it's a buyer beware market, but I told the importer multiple times that any car I imported would have to be rust free, as I've dealt with rusty cars before and know how much of a hassle they can be. The Silvia we imported has the floor rusted through, as well as both the passenger and driver side frame rails rusted out, plus some smaller spots throughout the car. As it stands, I can't say that I'd buy from them again or recommend jdm car import to anyone else because of this. The total cost thus far is around $10 000, just to have it sit in the driveway and rot, so I'm definitely not happy with having that go to waste.

Budget holdings review:

Absolutely garbage car dealer. This is the car dealership that I bought the Silvia from in Japan. The car is absolutely ruined with rust, and there was no mention of this, nor was there any mention of the faulty odometer. My car might have an extra 1,000 km or maybe an extra 20, 000+ km. It's impossible to know when the odometer became faulty, so it's impossible to gauge how many extra kms there really are on the car. Stay away from this dealership and their crappy cars.

free screenshot software
    image ru
    photo upload
    photo uploader

greenshot

image host
    Last edited by A18; 10-08-2016, 07:52 PM.
    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Rusty yikes. I yell people all the time. If it's to cheap watch out. I assume this was a pretty good deal, compared to buying one from auction. Budget holding and a lot of those tradecarview dealers buy the crappiest junk from auction and them sell for way higher to whoever. I always recommend buying from auction because at least you have some sort of inspection report. Not that I'm saying it's 100% but for me it gives me peace of mind.

I do buy cars from random dealers but only if I'm expecting junk. Or if I have found the sales history at auction for the car and I'm getting it for a good deal.

I hope you weren't out to much.

As for your importer JDM import. I assume it's just someone trying to make a quick buck. And not the kind of operation that would help out in case of a lemon like this.

I hope your managed to recoup some costs.
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

yikes.... im curious what pictures did they send you before purchase theres some serious rust on there,

Comment

Working...
      X