Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members who have sold their Skylines across the border

Good Afternoon GTRC,

I'm looking to get in contact with fellow members who have sold their cars across the border, after extensive research I am still unsure of what precautions and necessary steps must be taken. I would love to get in contact with those who have already accomplished this. If you have, or know of anyone who has done this please feel free to tag me or them.

Kindest Regards,

Barry
    '92 GTS-t type M
    '93 Mitsubishi GTO
    2000 F-150

I recently sold mine across. You need 3 forms:
    HS-799
    EPA 3520
    and one other one similar to the HS-799.

My experience:
    Guy drove up from chicago with his friend. The picked up my car, got a bill of sale + ownership from me. Drove to the border with absolutely nothing else, spent 5 hours at the border then went across. They did not bother pre-filling out any forms or doing anything else. They called the border a week prior to coming up that they intended to cross at and let them know they were coming as well as asked for any information. This is where they were told to just come with the ownership. They didn't even have plates.

Someone else recently posted in the facebook group, they had all 3 forms filled out, got the bill of sale and signed registration then proceeded to the border. They spent 30 minutes at the border and made it across.

Life can be hard or easy just depends what kind of prep work you're willing to do.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. This seems easy enough, it would appear that the work lies with the buyer and not the seller. Any other hassles you ran into that might be avoided as a seller?
      '92 GTS-t type M
      '93 Mitsubishi GTO
      2000 F-150

Comment

Working...
      X