R33 motor ? I have my doubts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R33 motor ? I have my doubts.

Been looking at this in consideration of a purchase for my new GTR.
    They say its a R33 GTR power plant but it looks liek spray bombed, and is that not a R32 CAS?
    http://www.japanautodirect.com/auto....et.cfm?id=2754

FIXED!
    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

link doesnt work
    92,94,95 Honda Civic
    92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
    91 Nissan Skyline GTR
    92,93 Nissan 180sx
    90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
    89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

though the pictures suck, i say r32

Comment

your best bet would be to call and talk to them. Saw it awhile ago, looks pretty nice minus being so high...

Comment

r32, r33 are the same CAS as far as I know.

TROL

Comment

33 has a red intake temp sensor

Comment

i know its minor.. but r33's have a single tab style oil filler cap. R32 gtr's have a 5 star shape oil filler cap.

simple switch i know but.. its present.

also they could be claiming the fact that if the car is newer than 1993/02 then the engine has the same characteristics as an R33 motor, regarding the crank snout being upgraded and not having to be an R33 GTR chassis.
              Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

I deal with Japan Auto Direct daily, shoot me a PM. I will find out for sure.

That aside can get this car cheaper than there listed price of 1.230,000 JPY any day.

cheers,
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                1969 Cooper S. Restored
                1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

ask them to provide the part number from the block

Comment

lol good old japan auto direct. i wouldnt touch that car with a ten foot pole.
                    WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
                    (OO)______(OO)
                    Originally posted by Snow
                    Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

Comment

It looks like it still has the R32 fuel rail on it too - the R33 one is cad plated and has a mount clip for the wiring harness towards the front of it as well as the red temp sensors and a bunch of other little differences I found when I swapped my motor in.
                      1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
                      ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

JAD doesnt own that car, its threw a dealership in japan.

They just post the information the dealer gives them.
                        1969 Cooper S. Restored
                        1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

thats not very good business if you ask me...

if i had a business like that i wouldnt put my name and reputation on the line, id wanna know every last lil thing about something before it was even considered...

there are couple reasons for this. first and most obvious is reputation, if i sell something for someone but the info they have provided me is false, that could have a trickle effect for the rest of my products...

second, how can you honestly answer any questions accuratley, if the info you have been provided is not complete... which makes a customer ask the question " does this guy reallly know what hes talking about?"

third... all risk, but virtually no reward... so you help a fellow business out and sell a car for them... how much of a favor did you gain? did they pay you? did this cost more in the long run than what it made in the short?

i dont think its worth it to trust someone who doesnt know what they are selling, id rather be sold something from someone i trust... or at least someone who is known to be trusted
                          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                          \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                            if i had a business like that i wouldnt put my name and reputation on the line, id wanna know every last lil thing about something before it was even considered...

Reputation???

I've dealt with them several times and have since found somebody else that I can completely trust to buy a car for me without me ever having to see it first. In fact, if he buys a car and then finds something he doesn't like once it's in his posession, he will send it straight back. And he flatly refuses to ever buy an accident grade car.
                            1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
                            ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

Well JAD must sell alot more good cars than they do bad cars or else they wouldnt be moving over 30 cars a week.

I have had nothing but gold from them. Likely the mintiest 300zx in Canada, GTR V-spec with 25,000kms (spotless), Great condition Subbie, showroom condition 500SL etc... (the 500sl literally passed OOP inspection in AB with nothing wrong, undercarriage was spotless)

People always blame the exporter for a shitty car, most of the time its not there fault. So many people buy crap cars because there BUDGETS ARE CRAP. The term "you pay for what you get" rings true here. I get emails every day from people wanting to purchase a car fully imported for $3000!

Also after you put down a deposit with JAD, they will go to the dealer lot and take over 100 pictures, possibly videos, inspection from there mechanic, and do a detailed look at everything on the car of your choice. You just have to ask! Also they get RORO shipping all the time and have get your car on a boat super quick.

That aside, I do prefer dealing with Adam@Feast by far. He is truly a good friend and great exporter to mention a few reasons
                              1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Working...
                              X