How to do a proper burn-out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do a proper burn-out...

Well I took off my LMGT4's until I get them refinnished after the hit/run accident, just put on my silver GTR rims with winter rubber Anyway the car is going away as of October so I want to have alittle fun before then. Giant vacant parking lot + 4x4 fuse out = O-O-O-O <--- you get the picture. But since I am a spirited responsible driver I have never done a burn-out before, so how do I?

Hope I don't hit any poles doint donuts And I will be taking video.
    sigpic

Clutch in
    Rev 'til 3000-3500 rpm
    Drop clutch
    hold brakes
    Give it some gaz and enjoy the smoke

Comment

that's it in a nutshell, don't be afraid to give it a lot more gas or a lot more brake then you first think.
      Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Its easy once the tires get warm

Some fun with my old RHD RX-7. Pretty much stock, just a 3" turbo back exhaust running 15psi and an OS Giken twin disc clutch.

No provincial laws were broken in the making of this video
        Cars suck

Comment

brake stands are bad for your rear brakes...i am not a big fan...

although they do look sweet, also watch out for the revlimiter on the RB26 you dont wanna push it if you dont have an upgraded oil pump...

I havent done one in my GTR...but i would take my GTS T up to around 5-6 grand and pop the clutch and then go wild...
          Fraser Valley Imports.ca
          (The Detailer)
          We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
          Car Project: In The Making

Comment

Hahah on the RX7 Video you posted, there is a comment "How much money did it cost to do the RHD conversion and how long? "
            FAIL!

Comment

Damn I wish I could afford the rubber to do a proper burnout lol
              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Back in my highschool this one guy was trying to look cool. I forget what he had (ford pos) tried to look cool by doing a burnout. About 3 sec into it the rear u-joint gave away. HAHAHAHAHA

BTW I know in Ontario. Even in an empty parking lot on Private Property. Hell even your own drive way you can get a ticket.
                Chris

Comment

Get a brake linelock, so can activate front brakes only. Good for burnouts at the dragstrip or skidpan.

Brake linelock -

It saves wearing the rear brakes out.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by JBcanada View Post
                    Hahah on the RX7 Video you posted, there is a comment "How much money did it cost to do the RHD conversion and how long? "
                    FAIL!
                    Some people are terrible...

After that burnout, my rear brake rotors cracked and one caliper seized.
                    Cars suck

Comment

Rob, are take-offs for sale?
                      When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

I couldent care much about any possible ticket I can recieve for donouts, its all part of my plan, doubt I will see a cop though, this is the same lot I took the car after every new set of tires I got to get used to them and never had a problem before. And thanks to all for the help and advice. My brakes need replacing anyway so all I care about is getting the car home after the burn out, and the rev limmiter -----> how do you cut it LOL

Joking.

Sorry Dan LM's arent for sale
                        sigpic

Comment

Does it REALLY f*ck up the rubber and the brake to do a burn-out?
                          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

^^Is that a serious question? Well u see when u do a burnout u wear ur tires and brakes down extremely fast. Take a moment and think about whats happening when ur doing a burnout. You r applying your brakes while ur tires r spinning.

Comment

LOL.

If you check out that youtube video I posted, you might notice at the end of the video there is a huge pile of rubber laying on the ground from the shitty tires I used. I had those really crappy crossed drilled brake rotors on the rear and both rotors had major cracks in them from the heat.
                              Cross drilled brake rotors FTL :-x
                              Cars suck

Comment

Working...
                              X