GTR buyer on the market needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR buyer on the market needs help

Hi my name is Rick I'm 38 years old a long time car enthusiast, already own a 01 500hp+ corvette Z06. Now looking to buy a R32 GTR. New to this seen I'm not realy sure what to look for when buying a R32 GTR , I was hoping for some input from anyone who has any information on what good and bad points to look out for with the R32"s Please help , any info would help thanks.

Hey Rick,welcome to the forums.

This question has been asked many times on this forum, as everyone who has shopped for one has of course asked the same thing. Try using the search bar at the top of the page for starters while you wait for replies; you may find some interesting info.

You're really going to have to determine the use of your GTR if you're gonna pick one out. It's going to be rare to find an R32 totally stock, as these cars are generally welcomed by racing nuts and the like, so fortunately it'll be easy to find what you're looking for. I found a very lightly modded car because I'm just using it for the street for now. When summer and money allows, i'll be getting my car track ready.

I don't really know where I'm going with this lol. The question is hard to answer... How about you take a look around the classifieds and media sections and let yourself discover some ideas.

I'm curious what an open-minded former domestic owner will like about skylines
    Generally because we're both elitists of our own brand.. Let us know what you're thinking!

Comment

Ok so I don't think I answered your question haha. I'm on my phone and didn't feel like scrolling up to reread your question.

Uh yeah just read the stickies on the tech section and search.

Comment

If I could do it all over again I'd find a GTR with a good body/chassis and a popped motor for cheap, then build it. That way you know exactly what shape the motor is in. Unfortunetly this isnt practical for everyone. Are you looking for a landed car or importing one yourself? If you want to import one I suggest speaking with Adam@Feast, im sure many others will agree his service is outstanding.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by raijin-xiii View Post
          Hey Rick,welcome to the forums.

This question has been asked many times on this forum, as everyone who has shopped for one has of course asked the same thing. Try using the search bar at the top of the page for starters while you wait for replies; you may find some interesting info.

You're really going to have to determine the use of your GTR if you're gonna pick one out. It's going to be rare to find an R32 totally stock, as these cars are generally welcomed by racing nuts and the like, so fortunately it'll be easy to find what you're looking for. I found a very lightly modded car because I'm just using it for the street for now. When summer and money allows, i'll be getting my car track ready.

I don't really know where I'm going with this lol. The question is hard to answer... How about you take a look around the classifieds and media sections and let yourself discover some ideas.

I'm curious what an open-minded former domestic owner will like about skylines
          Generally because we're both elitists of our own brand.. Let us know what you're thinking!
          I will indeed use the search bar and try to look for more info.
          I consider myself a car enthusiast, love alot of sports cars, and the R32 GTR is a proven legendary sports car.
          I would love to own one , Plus I love the sound , the engine configeration is very good , and has tons of potential, which I love too. Question is though do i buy a heavily moded GTR or Light moded one, do I buy one already here in Toronto that I can inspect , or one thats in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by bignate View Post
            If I could do it all over again I'd find a GTR with a good body/chassis and a popped motor for cheap, then build it. That way you know exactly what shape the motor is in. Unfortunetly this isnt practical for everyone. Are you looking for a landed car or importing one yourself? If you want to import one I suggest speaking with Adam@Feast, im sure many others will agree his service is outstanding.

Great thank you! I gave Adam my info and what I'm looking for , lets see what happens.

Comment

There are tons of Skylines for sale in the Classifieds. The whole first page is ones that are typically still for sale and maybe even the second page too.

What is your price range?
              sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
              ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

gtr

my price range varies, depends on the GTR and how clean it is , so I'd say $7k to $19k

Comment

I'd agree, if you have the money, patience and skills to build your own engine, I would buy a car with a pooched or dying motor and rebuild it.

I think seeing the car in person and inspecting it is better than something fresh off the boat, but thats just myself.

I would also choose one as close to stock if not completely so you can at least have a better chance that the car wasn't driven to its grave.
                  “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I know this isn't a GTR, but i have personally seen this car and it is unbelievable

Holly monkey that was closehttp://www.streetfire.net/video/amazing-drift-save-ueo-vs-komagata-s15-vs-s15_737448.htm
                    sigpic

Comment

Gtr

My heart is set on a GTR , but thanks .

Comment

OK sounds good.

Like the guy that posted before i would buy one that is landed already and from somebody on the site because they will be the most honest with you
                        sigpic

Comment

I bought this car as a rolling chassis last year, and I had a good rb20 from a crashed gtst, so thought I'd make something out of the two. The rb20 has only 67xxx KM on it, and the tires are like new. Car runs good, and has a very nice interior. There is a little rust spot and a dent in one rear quarter panel, otherwise the

this one is a little over you asking price but it looks like a beaut
                          sigpic

Comment

gtr

this one is a little over you asking price but it looks like a beaut[/QUOTE]

Yeah looks good , gonna go see it in person.

Comment

All I can say is you get what you pay for! Don't cheap out on a GT-R!

I recommend these guys! Bought 2 GT-R's from them and they are the best in the business!

http://www.zele-international.com/index.php

You won't regret it if you buy from Zele. And I would be glad to help you out in the process!

My cars:
                              1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                              1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Working...
                              X