Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between a GT-R and a GTS-T...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabotage
    that comment about gts posers is bull s@#t.
    my 2800lb low 400 hp gts has spanked afew gtrs in its time.
    and not to mention that the gtr (r32)was designed from the gts.dont get me wrong the gtr is a super car but the gts is to in its own right.r31s were winning races long before r32 gtr were even made aka rb20det...

lets not say stupid things,the gtr or gts are good in there own rights.
    buy whats good for you and your style and out come that you need it for.

ps ......rb20det is cheaper to make power with.
    \
    lol...
    GTR = 20 years of motorsport ass whooping
    GTS = Japan commuter car.
    Don't start this crap again remember this forum is GTRcanada not GTScanada lol...
    nuff said.

Comment

I don't think any specific skyline model attracts posers more then the other, Remember it only costs a few K more to get into a GTR which really isn't much.

There is tons of down play on the RB20 in my opinion, Alot of these GTS's could give a GTR a run for its money - Remember, Most of these owners have modded their GTS's.

If you take the advice from alot of the members here suggesting to keep your GTR as stock as possible it won't take long before you start seeing some of those RB20's give you a good run for your money and more.

Comment

I think the extra grip from semi slicks + lighter weight helps under braking with N/A GTS. With a stockish N/A GTS you can thrash the crap out of it on a racetrack and it's reliable, cheap to run, cheap to modify. I've even seen a N/A Primera racecar outbrake a heavier racecar.

Also look at the debut race at Mallala in Australia, where the R32GTR lapped quickly and was passing other cars easily, but didn't finish due to brake failure and the reliable GTS-R finished 3rd -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

GTS-R carried the whole Gibson team for most of the 1990 season until they could sort out the R32GTR's problems.

Just look at the record of the R32GTR in 1990 (driven by Mark Skaife) i.e DNF, Ret a few times -

I'm not saying the GTR isn't a quick, reliable car once modified for the racetrack (my mate has a GTR racecar). It's just it takes alot more $$$ to get it to that stage. A GTR racecar feels like a stock GTS-T weight wise with more torque, hp and can use the hp, especially when exiting corners on semislicks which is one part I like about my mates GTR racecar.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by sabotage
          that comment about gts posers is bull s@#t.
          my 2800lb low 400 hp gts has spanked afew gtrs in its time.
          and not to mention that the gtr (r32)was designed from the gts.dont get me wrong the gtr is a super car but the gts is to in its own right.r31s were winning races long before r32 gtr were even made aka rb20det...

lets not say stupid things,the gtr or gts are good in there own rights.
          buy whats good for you and your style and out come that you need it for.

ps ......rb20det is cheaper to make power with.
          \
          Congratulations,

play this guy off, keyboard cat

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

1990 Pearl White GTR

Comment

and here we go another GTR vs GTS thread:shock:

Comment

Hey, remember back when I used to ask questions in this thread? =p

My little contribution: I agree that the trim of Skyline doesn't determine how much of a poser you are. To be honest, part of the reason I don't want a GT-R is because I'm still a relative noob to the world of Skylines and cars in general. Not a complete noob, just too inexperienced to the world to know what I'd be doing. I'm afraid some guy's gonna pull come up and be all like:

"Sick ride, bro! What kind of mods do you have on it! Air intake compression suspension intercooler turbo blow-off valves?!"
              "Uh...I didn't do anything to it."

But hey, I'm here to learn, and this thread's a pretty good start.

Originally posted by dm1133 View Post
              Scholarships and OSAP , I have yet to pay a cent out of my pocket for tuition, and my OSAP loan is probably just in low triple digits, so the money I had saved for university, I'm rewarding myself with buying a skyline. I have a GTS-t, fuel economy isn't half bad considering it's an inline-6. I drive 90% highway, and I swear, I get better fuel economy in the city. I think I average somewhere around 25-26mpg, and my foot does like to get a bit heavy. The economy is probably better in the city, because the R32's aren't the most aerodynamic cars.

And it'd be much smarter for you to get more knowledge about a skyline before buying it, that's why I respect your plan of getting it maybe next summer. PM me if you're possibly interested in seeing my car at mac, I'm just gonna be at mac 1 more time before the end of the semester.
              Saving for tuition...that's a brilliant idea! I spend all the money I make on small stuff...it's a pretty bad habit for someone in the market for a new car. :s If only I got a scholarship that made more of a dent in my tuition...

25/26 mpg is really impressive, especially with a heavy foot. I consider myself a conservative driver; I'm pretty sure if I tried I could get numbers close to that. High school physics taught me that I could maintain a constant velocity and get from point A to point B in the same time I would with a high initial acceleration and deceleration.

Unrelated: how come my post count is still at 1? Do only posts in separate threads count?

Comment

Originally posted by kneacsu View Post
                and how do you figure that?

In my personal opinion and experience, there are more posers (getting a skyline to look cool, aka GTS owners) compared to actually DRIVING and experiencing a piece of history (gtr).

Dont get me wrong. I have much respect for the serious GTS drifters.

However, there are too many little punks out there giving the remaining 10% skyline populating a bad name.

This is my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Cheers[/QUOTE] I've only been a member of this site since oct/08 and I have not found much evidence of posers with either car, I find most posers go toward other sport compact brands because they can't afford skylines. having said that, before I got interested in skylines I've been into motorcycles for about the last 20 years (still have 3) and I have always found the "posers" to be drawn to the fastest/most powerful bike on the market which would lead me to think that any skyline posers would be more inclined to buy and pimp out a gtr rather than a gts-t. I could have bought either a gtr or a gts-t but I bought the gts-t because it is a good handling,quick,fun car that is a blast to drive not because I want to look cool at tim hortons.
                "It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary"

Comment

Déjà vu.

You guys need to stop arguing about the whole GTR/GTS thing.
                  R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

1990 Pearl White GTR

Comment

Some guy just wants to know the differences between them.
                      Personally i bought a GTS since i bought one to be my daily driver, and rather not waste mileage on a GTR as a DD.
                      1. Most parts are interchangeable with north american sold nissans.
                      2. Maintenance is considerably cheaper/easier.
                      3. A solid GTR will cost you well over 20 grand either after repairs or through buying one thats already well maintained.
                      4. If you are not heavily mechanically inclined it might be very hard to find a mechanic that will even touch your GTR to do repairs.

Quite frankly i could care less which car people own, i didn't buy my car for anyone else. If someone wants to buy a gts, slap a big wing on it and GTR badges i say all the power to him/her how does that affect anyone else really? I drive my car, i work on my car and i enjoy it.
                      That's all there is to it.
                      Living life thinking about what others think of you is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewc
                        Some guy just wants to know the differences between them.
                        Personally i bought a GTS since i bought one to be my daily driver, and rather not waste mileage on a GTR as a DD.
                        1. Most parts are interchangeable with north american sold nissans.
                        2. Maintenance is considerably cheaper/easier.
                        3. A solid GTR will cost you well over 20 grand either after repairs or through buying one thats already well maintained.
                        4. If you are not heavily mechanically inclined it might be very hard to find a mechanic that will even touch your GTR to do repairs.

Quite frankly i could care less which car people own, i didn't buy my car for anyone else. If someone wants to buy a gts, slap a big wing on it and GTR badges i say all the power to him/her how does that affect anyone else really? I drive my car, i work on my car and i enjoy it.
                        That's all there is to it.
                        Living life thinking about what others think of you is a waste of time.

Amen!...100% on par with this guy!
                        Originally Posted by falcon:
                        why do you want to remove your ac? do you like sweaty balls?

and you live in TO too.... have fun in the summer when your sack and back and pits are sweating. I'm sure the GF is going to love it when you show up for a date dripping in your bodily fluids.

Comment

Originally posted by kneacsu View Post
                          Congratulations,

play this guy off, keyboard cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qxkz...eature=related

Almost there, just a little more!

Comment

really ...

gts gtr who gives a f--k.buy what you want and whats good for you.
                            your budget,your money.
                            people are always going to have diffrent thoughts on this subject.

gtr or gts they both have the main thing writen on the back.....

skyline skyline skyline skyline.

like i said before ,its all what your plans are.people always hate what they fear.so there must be afew gtr owners here that got wooped by a gts and there for sure is some gts owners that got wooped by gtr.
                            who goes faster ,handles better depends on the size of there wallet.
                            thats my two cents.

Comment

Wow, this thread went downhill fast lol
                              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

And all because of one person... if you aren't going to contribute to the thread, no need for you to increase your post count...

Comment

Working...
                                X