Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! temporary province to province plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! temporary province to province plates?

Hey guys
    So i'm buying a gts-t in edmonton and i live in ottawa. I want to fly down next weekend and drive it back with a friend. however im wondering how i go about getting this car registered with temporary plates to get it back. Insurance is fine i can just give them the VIN before i leave and have insurance, but i dont know if i can get temporary plates in alberta without being a resident? anyone know how this works?
    thanks
    adrian
    1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Summer toy
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T "Thommy Kaira" Project Car
    2003 Ford Escape Sport - winter beater
    1995 Hinda Civic SI - Project car

get insurance placed on the car, then go to your vehicle registries in ontario and request a temporary transit permit.
    you pay and they typically are good for a week or so.

Comment

ya but you need the ownership for the car to do that... i cant register it till i havethe ownership which means i need to register it there does it not

Comment

You can register over the phone once you have ownership and just use a fax machine to fax stuff.

Comment

I had a temporary binder insurance to move my RX7 from Portland to Vancouver. It was through ICBC. The car was not registered in my name at all...

TROL

Comment

I was wondering the same thing as the OP, and this is great news
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I picked mine up in Quebec and drove it to NS. Had insurance and once I had the car purchased went to the motor vehicle branch, showed them all the paper work and requested a transfer sticker (good for 1 day or 30 days and they're cheap), stuck it on the car and drove home.
              As long as you have proof of insurance, and a bill of sale they'll give you your registration and transfer sticker there.
              Good Luck!!!

Comment

well, I just did exactly this a month ago.

Bought a car in edmonton and drove it home to windsor.

I got insurance on the car in ontario and brought that proof of insurance with me out west.

When I got out there I bought an alberta intransit permit ($23.50 I think) and that's good for 7 days. They were fine with me being a non-resident and with my ontario insurance coverage. Just make sure that the vehicle is registered and legal out there already so they'll give you one because I'm not sure what the rules are on them and if they'll give them out for anything or not.
                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

aweseom guys thanks alot!
                  im flying out today! Hope it makes er back Pictures will be up when i get back!!

Comment

so did you make it?
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

it snowed 3 feet the morning i was supposed to drive back. So i put it on a truck and it will be here tommorow

Comment

Working...
                      X