Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get complete 3.5' exhaust line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not about the power increase, it's about making the same power with lower EGT's and less turbo lag.

I'm going 4", do I really need it? I'm trapping at 128mph on only 1.2bar right now. Can I do that again with 50 to 100 deg. less EGT and my wastegate plumbed into the exhaust and not making me deaf....yup. With turbos always run the biggest exhaust that will fit and noise you can live with. No such thing is too big.

Quebec Government gayness aside you won't do any better with 90mm exhaust if you have to put a muff on the end that some douchbag cop can't run a rod through.

I would run what you've got and just fight the tickets.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper
      Quebec Government gayness aside you won't do any better with 90mm exhaust if you have to put a muff on the end that some douchbag cop can't run a rod through.

I would run what you've got and just fight the tickets.

Jon.
      Thanks for the support!!Yeah, Freakin gay quebec law!

Yeah I think I will just put a damn silencer and be nice with the police if someone intercept me. I just realise that I have a very sweet made exhaust with complete RS*R exhaust..Just have to clutch in when I see one.

archaeic_bloke @ I hope we will win and then be able to be peace-free.

By the way, thanks for the info about the diameter. I guess I would be better with buying dump pipe instead of getting .5 bigger pipe.
      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

this is what the guy who bough my old cat-back did with it (scroll down)
        http://www.rhdquebec.com/showthread.php?t=9801

check out what he put in the tip off the muffler
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
          ...i have 100% proof that the oem GTR exhaust is indeed a free-flowing exhaust.

What proof do you have? That's pretty much the only thing that will keep me from getting mine safetied in nova scotia once she runs again...

Etienne
          1990 Nismo GtR #283
          354hp - 292 ft-lbs
          -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman
            this is what the guy who bough my old cat-back did with it (scroll down)
            http://www.rhdquebec.com/showthread.php?t=9801

check out what he put in the tip off the muffler
            If the police want to be cheap and he might since he's unable to stick his so-loved wire inside my exhaust tip, he will call it's not OEM spec! lol.

I think I found an idea..

Creating an exhaust silencer with a X piping or welding the actual pipe with a 60 degrees so his tape will hurt the exhaust wall..

No !?

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

So happy to live in BC.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                thats what you should do... teste de broche doesnt matter for anything because i have 100% proof that the oem GTR exhaust is indeed a free-flowing exhaust.
                Forgive me if I'm sceptical, but I still have yet to see FULL proof of that. Sure I saw the picture of the AUXILIARY muffler (resonator on the below diagram) being straight through, but no the ACTUAL muffler. Just so were clear, I'm talking about the square box in the middle, not the end muffler.

vs

This thread

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
                Here's my proof:

And to prove that this exhaust is the OEM one, take a look at the Nissan Skyline GTR owner manual: Exact same thing

If the police want to be cheap and he might since he's unable to stick his so-loved wire inside my exhaust tip, he will call it's not OEM spec! lol.

I think I found an idea..

Creating an exhaust silencer with a X piping or welding the actual pipe with a 60 degrees so his tape will hurt the exhaust wall..

No !?
                You could also just put in a fence like mesh (like a fish net) in the exhaust so that the wire he sticks in gets stuck. Just make sure it's metal and small so the wire doesn't go through, and it shouldn't restrict too much since it lets all the air through.
                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

the mid-muffler has baffles, they broke lose inside mine and it rattled everytime i let the clutch out, thought something was wrong inside the tranny since i just had a clutch put in.
                  Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

Mesh is good idea, however needs to be able to withstand the heat. Anything ive found to have put in there is either too brittle or too thick for the application and will actually rob hp.. i'm looking for a fence type mesh in SS that may hopefuly withstand the heat, in case of course, i dont win my court battle in 2 weeks.. However i've got a pretty solid argument and i'll probably run the straight through exhaust story as OEM.
                    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post

You could also just put in a fence like mesh (like a fish net) in the exhaust so that the wire he sticks in gets stuck. Just make sure it's metal and small so the wire doesn't go through, and it shouldn't restrict too much since it lets all the air through.
                      If he see it with a flashlight, you get a 600 $ ticket. a friend of mine with his WRX did it and he got 600$ !!!

Also, the muffler might not be straight flow, but you know what ? Police officer doesn,t even care about muffler they just look at the cat-back.

Comment

If he see it with a flashlight, you get a 600 $ ticket. a friend of mine with his WRX did it and he got 600$ !!!

Also, the muffler might not be straight flow, but you know what ? Police officer doesn,t even care about muffler they just look at the cat-back.
                        That's why you put it after the bend, where you can't see it.

Well when you say cat-back, it means from the cat to the back, which technically means both muffler and resonator (whichever order you want to put them in, on the Skyline it appears the resonator is at the end, and the muffler between the cat and resonator).

If I remember (dont quote me on this, I'm shooting this off the top of my head) the wire they use for the test is 33". I have it written in my court docs, or it should be written on your ticket. They will write something like "test de la tige, aucune obstruction pour la longeur totale de 33 pouces."

I'd mesure how far 33" actually goes down the exhaust, and if it doesn't reach the mid muffler, then you could say in court that the mid muffler has restrictions, but he didn't reach them.

Then in this case, it would be consistent with the stock configuration, which has the end resonator straight through, and the mid muffler (or square box) with baffles.

Comment

The cop i went to see the following day said the baffles had to be in the resonator at the END.

He stated that, "if the measuring tape or instrument surpasses the physical outside shape and length of the muffler, then it's illegal."

Make's no sense to me..
                          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

That cop should go back to school, he was full of crap.

Check this (p. and 72-74)

Although it's technically not a legal document, it explains pretty clearly what they are told to be looking at. Their example of an exhaust system even uses one with a resonator at the end...lol

Comment

Working...
                            X