skyline homeland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyline homeland

hey guys. since i didnt bring my car over from japan and i bought it from someone local i was wondering if there is anyway to find out where exactly my car is from. like what part of japan. i was told probaly osaka but they wernt 100% sure. is there anyway to tell or to find out?

thanks
    brett
    1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
    2003 GMC Sierra SLT
    1972 Datsun 510

who cares.
    Chris

Comment

He does, or else he wouldn't be asking.
      sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
      ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

it its probably from the island part.
        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

way i tell is if it has rust it's from the north if its in great shape its from the south lol

Comment

everybody thinks their car is "super duper mint" tho, look past the bondo and find the truth. you'd be surprised what can be covered up. (i found some bubbling in odd places on mine and patched a hole under the skirt with metal and decided it wasn't "mint" enough, then it was sold)

Comment

Originally posted by BrianV8 View Post
              way i tell is if it has rust it's from the north if its in great shape its from the south lol
              not really, the north could be rusty due to road salt, but the south (Kyushu, Okinawa) has a lot of rusty cars due to the sea salt in the air

To the OP, do you have any pics with the Japanese license plates on it? I can translate any documents that may have hte location on it. Or are there any oil change receipts or stickers on the car that may have a location?
              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

hehehe

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                it its probably from the island part.

Comment

i really dont have any pics of it with the plates on it or any oil change things or anything really. like i said im the third owner of it since it arrived here and i was just curious of where exactly its from. there is a sticker on the timing belt cover saying when it was done i think. not to sure. and a few other little stickers around the car. anywhere i should look to maybe find something of interest? my car doesnt seem to have any body fill in it. i rolled the fenders and quarters with no problem. i had it on a hoist the other day and the bottom looked pretty well mint aside from some scraping but no rust or any signs of it.
                  1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
                  2003 GMC Sierra SLT
                  1972 Datsun 510

Comment

origins

hate to thread jack but I am also curious about where my car came from and you spread a ray of hope darryl. I found a divit fixer in my trunk from "chita golf course" and business cards from "club dydo". weird stuff

Comment

There was a thread on here where you could run your car's VIN and find auction details... would those not contribute any knowledge?
                      DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

do you think you can find the link? i had a look but couldnt find anything at all to help me find it
                        1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
                        2003 GMC Sierra SLT
                        1972 Datsun 510

Comment

had a quick look in the trunk on the side panel compartments while i was waiting for my buddy to show up and found a bunch of little fender clips and a marker light from the previous owner and this swet little button. its got some sort of Japanese character on it. pretty rusted but you can kinda make it out. let me know if this helps haha

1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
                          2003 GMC Sierra SLT
                          1972 Datsun 510

Comment

anyone?
                            1992 Nissan Skyline GTR
                            2003 GMC Sierra SLT
                            1972 Datsun 510

Comment

Working...
                            X