Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD now banned in QC permanently... so what!?!! whats it mean for us?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHD now banned in QC permanently... so what!?!! whats it mean for us?!

incase u didnt see: http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/preventio...oite/index.php

no english available.

so ya, RHD's are now permannetly banned in QC.. unless you already have one plated. OR you bought it before april 29 2009. then you can apply for "late registration"...

anyways, the point of this thread is to see what questions you guys want answered as im going to be calling the SAAQ monday to find out formylsef what all this means.. heres what i plan on asking:

1) can my already plated and inspected RHD car be bought and sold to other people with out issue?

2) what happens if the police issue me a "verification mecanique mandataire" /" mandatory mechanical verification"... will i be able to be re-inspected?

3) what if i put the car in storage for more than one year and the license plate expries? can i still get re-plated?

add your questions tot he list and i will have answers monday.,
    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    1) can my already plated and inspected RHD car be bought and sold to other people with out issue?
    yup

2) what happens if the police issue me a "verification mecanique mandataire" /" mandatory mechanical verification"... will i be able to be re-inspected?
    yup

3) what if i put the car in storage for more than one year and the license plate expries? can i still get re-plated?
    ur fawked, but in reality, it has to be a 2 years period for it to be mandatory to submit the car to a mechanical inspection

and also now... the kei cars are able to be driven on 70+kph limit roads

also, RHD vehicules bought before april 24th 2009, but were not plated or inspected, can now be, upon proof of purchase before that date

what it meens for us lucky bastards who have plated RHD in quebec, is that our cars is probly worth a bit more, since they are the only RHD cars that can be bought/sold in quebec from now on
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Wow what a bunch of ********, hope this doesnt spread
      Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
        yup

yup

ur fawked, but in reality, it has to be a 2 years period for it to be mandatory to submit the car to a mechanical inspection

and also now... the kei cars are able to be driven on 70+kph limit roads

also, RHD vehicules bought before april 24th 2009, but were not plated or inspected, can now be, upon proof of purchase before that date

what it meens for us lucky bastards who have plated RHD in quebec, is that our cars is probly worth a bit more, since they are the only RHD cars that can be bought/sold in quebec from now on
        ya i fgured as much dude, but honestly, i just want to call and hear it from the mouth of the devil myself... im gonna write down name of person i talk to, im gonna make 100% sure its correct, just for the sake of peace of mind.

i expect we'll see a few new registrations for the people who held onto those cars for the last year and then some people will crash and some will go away... but in the end.. its good for us frank!

on another note...
        does this mean that all the cars that were sitting in the JDM shops (since they were all purchased BEFORE the deadline) can now be inspected, plated and sold? if so... someone could find a SICK deal now.
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Man sorry to hear that guys. True that plated cars should be worth more now....so thats good. Just don't write one off....
          The shop I bought my latest car from in Montreal seemed like a couple really nice and knowledgeable guys, and the car passed inpection here in Ontario very easily (needed FUCAS only).
          Sucks to hear the good guys can't import and sell any more.
          Shops like Osaka tho who gives a ****.

Maybe another question to ask:

If a Quebecer sells a QUEBEC PLATED car to someone in Ontario (or other province), could that car be sold back to Quebec at some time and be plate-able, seeing as it WAS plated there at one point?
          It should show that it WAS once registered in QC on a carfax or something right?

Rick
          '89 GTST - SOLD
          '92 GTR
          '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
          '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

The gov't in Quebec is worthless.
            03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
              does this mean that all the cars that were sitting in the JDM shops (since they were all purchased BEFORE the deadline) can now be inspected, plated and sold? if so... someone could find a SICK deal now.
              i don't think so since these cars weren't originally purchased in quebec by the dealer, but imported for resell purposes

but anyway, most shops have already sold all their inventory outside of quebec, mostly to people from ontario and NB
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Oh Quebec... Rather than trying to create jobs, better health care or pay off the most rediculous provincial debt, they do stuff like this. I feel for you guys. You could always move somewhere else where they're less BS.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

For **** sakes, Quebec sucks and of course they have to be the sore thumb in Canada. I wonder if other provinces are thinking about this stuff as well.

Btw in 3.5 years 1989 gtrs are allowed to be registered in Quebec lol, according to the new 25 year rules.

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                  R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by PL_GTR View Post
                    For **** sakes, Quebec sucks and of course they have to be the sore thumb in Canada. I wonder if other provinces are thinking about this stuff as well.

Btw in 3.5 years 1989 gtrs are allowed to be registered in Quebec lol, according to the new 25 year rules.
                    So does that mean, according to Quebec's standards, their streets will only be "safe" for another 4 years?

Lol, well done Quebec you've passed an annoying and completely redundant law

Comment

Yup. So their pseudo reason of "we dont want 18 year olds with high powered cars" behind this whole shitbag will be futile.
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

this is why i <3 Alberta. We get $300 dollar checks from surplus oil sold. well we did once. by the previous premier.

im surprised that there isnt a major uproar and mass protests in quebec because of that

Comment

but it might be hard to get a lot of 1989 r32s because the Americans can get them with their 25 year old rule as well

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                          R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

lmao. I bet they won't let them in, regardless. WTF, Quebec? I thought QC was supposed to pride themselves on being so different than the rest of the country.. Oh wait, they are now that they've killed an industry, cut jobs, decreased tax profit, and demonstrated that they dont care that the rest of the world says RHD cars in LHD countries are fine... How long until someone starts LHD conversions on JDM cars in QC? Cars would cost more, but I'm sure the demand is still there.

Comment

Working...
                            X