Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD now banned in QC permanently... so what!?!! whats it mean for us?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quebec is stupid as balls...
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

My thoughts as to why it won't spread:

1. The rest of Canada (especially the west) like to make a point of not doing anything that Quebec does.

2. The fed. gov't sees duty on every car brought in. 6 percent or whatever it is. Its not like there are Canadian car companies that are losing sales to these imports.

3. No big car companies to lobby for the gov't to close the ports to these cars. In the US it would be a different story, because they might make more from sales tax on new cars, than imports, but we don't have that. The gov't makes money from importing, there's really no reason that they would want that to stop. Not that I can think of.

Sean

Comment

Not to mention, there are quite a lot of jobs associated with importing cars. I dont think they want to slash even more jobs :P

Comment

Originally posted by PL_GTR View Post
          For **** sakes, Quebec sucks and of course they have to be the sore thumb in Canada. I wonder if other provinces are thinking about this stuff as well.

Btw in 3.5 years 1989 gtrs are allowed to be registered in Quebec lol, according to the new 25 year rules.
          I honestly wouldn't be suprised if it moved to manitoba, theyre already cracking down HARD and getting every possible RHD off the streets, the only thing winnipeg has going for our shitty little city is our sunday night cruise night where everyone takes out there nice project cars and drives up and down downtown as a massive rolling car show, and the cops pull over every single RHD and issue vehicle inspections, they even closed down our meet parking lot to setup a VI station there, i was lucky enough to show up for the car meet (in my 97 neon beat to **** winter beater) and got a VI because i showed up to a car meet?... pretty much what im saying is **** the greedy corrupt government bastards who care more about making money than they do about keeping the people or their province happy and maybe actually getting the cops to tend to real issues (like the 2 people fighting on the sidewalk that i see almost everywhere u drive up main street)

Comment

For **** sakes, Quebec sucks and of course they have to be the sore thumb in Canada. I wonder if other provinces are thinking about this stuff as well.

Btw in 3.5 years 1989 gtrs are allowed to be registered in Quebec lol, according to the new 25 year rules.
            You are wrong. the car witrh the 25 rules will be plate as ''ANTIQUE'' which means you can't go on road higher than 50kmh.
            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Meh... they want to act like their own country that's fine by me.

TROL

Comment

wowww, i cant believe this finally went through... oh well time to go to mtrl and get me a gtr froma dealer for cheapp LOL
                jk
                but seriously.. this will cause so many job loses.. i dont understand why they did this.. did they not even ook at how many jobs will be lost? its stupid frankly.
                if this passed down to ontario.. i swear to god, im packing up and moving to europe. lol

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA
                  You are wrong. the car witrh the 25 rules will be plate as ''ANTIQUE'' which means you can't go on road higher than 50kmh.
                  wow for **** sakes, i didn't see that part. Man quebec really wants to screw RHDs well.

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                  R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

wow for **** sakes, i didn't see that part. Man quebec really wants to screw RHDs well.
                    speaking of rhd's, is your GTR here yet?!? Me wants to see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X