No announcement yet.

mishimoto oil cooler kit anygood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, brokerage was only 13 beans so i cant complain. But expected delivery WAS last night - UPS guy sat in front of my house for 30 min with his thumb deep in his rectal cavity then bounced. Today I call, they tell me the package is in the US and they have no freaking clue why.. Turns out it's finally returned to the Montreal portal - I'm calling in 10 min to see if i can go and pick it up myself.. Going to be gone for 2 weeks come monday so if i miss the drop off 3x they're gonna send it back to you loll
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

lol thats random as hell. I've never heard of that happening. Ya make sure you find it because the return address is not me its godspeed. They won't be as nice as me to pay shipping again lol

Comment

a compagny thats charges me 45$ of brokeage for a 72$ package can suck it, UPS never again
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

look like sau doesn't like godspeed..

Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

So, how bout this?

B&M 11x8x1.5 cooler 80$
            Free Shipping - B&M SuperCooler Oil Coolers with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Fluid Coolers at Summit Racing.

Sandwich plate 30$: ( Is there really a quality in terms of plate? )

and then.. whatever suit me russel,aeroclip (sp?),earls fitting and hose.

At the end, I should be able to have everything shipped for around 200$ which is the cost of any oil cooler kit but this custom kit should perform better than what I would get for 200$
            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Thermostat allows oil to get up to operating temperature. If oil doesn't get up to operating temperature, can get sludge buildup inside engine. Mocal sells sandwich plates with 180? or 210? degreeF? thermostat.
              Last edited by Skym; 10-16-2010, 01:06 AM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Would people be interested in the following oil cooler WITH relocation? It could be a mix and match deal to make the kit you want.

I could also do oil cooler kit (no relocations) with Earls Thermostat block adapter or just filter relocations. I will start with the Cooler/Relo's just so people get an idea on pricing!

Prices in USD, does not include shipping or possible customs. Just a feeler!

-10AN Lines & Fittings:
                10 feet of Earls Pro-Lite Hose (black nylon)
                * Stupid easy to work with!

with (8) Ano-Tuff
                - (4) 90 degree forged female
                - (2) 45 degree forged female
                - (2) Straight female

$313.45

OR CHEAPER VERSION

10 feet of Earls Auto Flex Hose (Steel Braided)

(8) Auto Fit
                - (4) 90 degree Swept female
                - (2) 45 degree Swept female
                - (2) Straight female

$239.64

Adapter Plates

Earls Block Adapter w/-10AN Adapters
                AND
                GREX Relocation sandwich plate w/ Thermostat

$158.47

OR CHEAPER VERSION

Earls Block Adapter w/-10AN Adapters
                AND
                Earls By-Pass Adapter w/-10AN Adapters

$58.28 (Add $100.19 for GREX Relocation w/Thermostat)

Oil cooler core:

Setrab Series 1 (10) row cooler: $95.00
                Setrab Series 1 (16) row cooler: $135.00

Price goes up as size goes up.

------------------------------------------------------------

Expensive setup:
                - Black Pro-Lite nylon line
                - Black Ano-Tuff Forged fittings
                - 10 row core
                - GREX Thermostat

$566.92

Budget Setup:
                - Auto-Flex Steel braided lines
                - Blue/red Auto-Fit Swept Fittings
                - 10 row core
                - No Thermostat

$392.92

Those are just examples and you could mix and match either of the lines, cores, adapters etc... Do please remember Earls supplies fittings to GReddy and other major manufactures, and Setrab makes some of the best coolers on the market and both have been active in racing for years. Quality of both is second to none.

Let me know

Regards,

Braden @ JNS
                Last edited by JNS Performance; 10-19-2010, 02:40 AM.
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                1969 Cooper S. Restored
                1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

i would be interested in the 'expensive' setup... w/o filter relocation.

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                    Thermostat allows oil to get up to operating temperature. If oil doesn't get up to operating temperature, can get sludge buildup inside engine. Mocal sells sandwich plates with 180? or 210? degreeF? thermostat.
                    Bumping this thread a bit here since I'm strongly considering an oil cooler for this summer. Is this a fact that the oil cooler could create more sludge than without one ? Also, is there any update on all of this, ie is any oil radiators other than TRUST or HKS is just crap. I was looking at this one ( yes on e-bay ) and was pretty convinced.

This would go on my GTR R32 daily driven, some times drag stripped, at occasions
                    Gotta love those twins

Comment

From what I understand, if oil is kept too cool it creates sludge build up. Oil is thicker when cold. Similar if oil is too hot (creates coking / dried oil deposits that blocks oilways inside turbo's, etc). Oil viscousity (w30, w40, w50 etc) says how hot oil can get before oil breaks down and 5w, 10w, 15w, 20w says how thick it can be when cold. Stock is 7.5w30.

I would only use Setrab oilcooler cores as can be sized correctly and are reinforced to prevent core from twisting (creates leaks in cheaper cores with no reinforcing, etc) when car corners (chassis twist's when cornering).
                      Last edited by Skym; 03-25-2012, 01:30 AM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Good point, so in my case, I guess, runing the GTR with 15w50 for work and meets is just fine. I was kindda looking for cooling down the engine bay on those hot days, it can get damn bloody hot underneath that hood. Any suggestions ?
                        Gotta love those twins

Comment

Have to remember a engine has 2x cooling systems, oil, coolant and on turbocharged engine the turbo's share the same oil, coolant as engine. The 15w50 might be too thick, as with proper oilcooler setup, oiltemps shouldn't go above 90 degrees C, so a w40 might be good enough if oiltemps don't go above 100 degrees C.

My cars engine felt like it ran hotter with thicker oil (10w60), was less responsive, pickup was sluggish. Engine bay temps felt alot cooler after changing to 10w40 from 10w60 and 15w50 made engine feel sluggish until oil got up to temp and probably was way too thick for bearing, etc clearances on engine, turbo when engine, turbo was designed to run 7.5w30.

The stock oil to coolant setup is usually only good for a factory engine. Removing stock oilcooler setup and running a bigger air to oil oilcooler setup (I think need a screw in adaptor if want to mount Mocal sandwich plate on block or some use the oilfilter mount from a RB20DET engine) helps to drop oil, coolant temps. With coolant to oil oilcoolers the hot oil temps can be transfered to the coolant hence engine runs hotter. Also can go from coolant to oil which makes the oiltemps run hotter. Fitting accurate aftermarket oilpressure, oiltemp gauges helps (to help with selecting correct oil).

If have a thicker intercooler with small gaps between fins, less air can reach radiator and engine overheats. Also removing aircon core infront of radiator, etc helps to get more air to radiator core (if using car on racetrack).

On boosted up stock engine with stock turbo's and without factory coolant to oil oilcooler setup, 25 row core would be big enough with Mocal sandwich plate that has a thermostat. Also make sure you use Mocal fittings on sandwich plate and Setrab fittings on oilcooler core to prevent leaks and select correct fittings to match.
                          Last edited by Skym; 03-25-2012, 11:38 PM.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Damn, that's good to know. Thought that since the RBs was originally running hotter than most engines, thicker oil was better, keeping it's viscosity at higher temps. But I guess it doesn't run hot enough to put in some 15w50. I will deff. check out 10w40 or go with the first choice of 10w30. I'm running 470whp @ 18lbs. Got cams, twin GT2510 and probably some other goodies that I don't know about so I wanted everything to be oiled up correctly. I will just get more air into the bay to cool thing down.
                            Gotta love those twins

Comment

You have to look at oiltemps, oilpressure to workout what works on "your engine" and there's other things the oil must have to be good oil (look at links below). The w30 works for factory engine clearances (factory oilpressure which should be mentioned in a engine manual), factory oiltemps, factory hp.

Read the pdf's under "technical articles" at the bottom on this website, as they are oil experts -

The UK's largest independent supplier of automotive oils, fluid and parts. We've products to suit any vehicle, from full blown Race / Track weapons, to Daily Drivers looking to save money. Plus FREE expert advice & recommendations - OPIE KNOW OILS

Also read this pdf (look at cst rating of w30 at 100 degrees C vs w50, w60) -

The UK's largest independent supplier of automotive oils, fluid and parts. We've products to suit any vehicle, from full blown Race / Track weapons, to Daily Drivers looking to save money. Plus FREE expert advice & recommendations - OPIE KNOW OILS

Can see how oiltemps affect how thick oil is. Oiltemps should be different depending on boost level, ECU tune, etc. Oilpressure is different if running aftermarket oilpump compared to factory oilpump, clearances, etc. So what oil viscousity works on one engine might not work on another. It should be picked to suit your cars engine. Ask the Opie Oil experts if unsure.
                              Last edited by Skym; 03-29-2012, 12:17 AM.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I just bought a mishimoto oil cooler... Should i install it or sell it? Stock setup. Just wanted it to run cooler. Opinions?

Comment

Working...
                                X