Shop going to rebuild my beast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop going to rebuild my beast!

Few weeks back Mr.Skyline Met a pole.... heres a picture mind you its only on my cell phone

but anyways have some front passenger side damage (Left) from first glance intercooler, intake radiator all piping in general area think the waterpump got snapped frame is a little bent but looks like insurance is gona cover it and get it fixed i need to help my shop out in the locating of some parts looking to you guys for some help finding a good source for oem parts Is there a place to buy new oem replacements? thanks any input would be greatful
    Last edited by Elmomafia; 12-01-2010, 07:34 AM.

Holy crap! And it might be cheaper to get a front clip shipped in...

Comment

that isnt a write off???Check daryl out for the oem parts!
      My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

got all stock piping sell for 50

Comment

got in there with a digital camera so heres a better some better pictures were the pole is no longer in the way... another clip? like a whole new front end? is the frame one solid peice? or is the front pieces? thanks for the input so far guys

EDIT: Plus do you know if i could substitute a gtr front clip for the gts?
          Last edited by Elmomafia; 12-01-2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmomafia View Post
            EDIT: Plus do you know if i could substitute a gtr front clip for the gts?
            don't count on it, too many different stuff
            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I wouldnt fix that..
              My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

That actually looks alot worse than it is. the crumple zone is very effective in the skyline.

I would check the floor behind the firewall , rocker panels and roofline for any sign of distortion. If there is any that would make the car not a good prospect for repair. If the damage is confined to the offside corner it's easy to repair!

Comment

Pole 1 Gts 0
                  1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Comment

I can see from the photos, the front left strut tower has been pushed way up. Chassis rails and sub-frame are probably fubar'd. If I were you I'd just start looking for a shell and swap all your parts over. I saw a non-rolling shell on craigslist for 1000 a little while ago

EDIT: that or part it and buy something else.
                    Last edited by Wolfattak; 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

+1 on bent frame rails dude. it sux but from the photos it looks like the strut tower is effed~!
                      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Thats not a write off?? People in some jdm's get hit from behind at 20km/h and its a write off.

I wouldnt bother man, part your losses, find another gts or upgrade to a gtr.
                        Last edited by quadracer111; 08-10-2010, 06:51 PM.
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

I'm gonna agree on that, that looks pretty rough, mano. I'd definitely be looking for a shell or something and start swapping everything over.
                          Originally posted by kengeroo
                          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

little update turns out estimates on rebuild are too high and we have decided to write off the car. First skyline R.I.P

Comment

aw just try to make it the LAST one you write off, even if it wasn't your fault, it still sucks to see someone's car crunched

Comment

Working...
                              X