Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to Skyline Owners! (And Car Owners In General)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to Skyline Owners! (And Car Owners In General)

Hey guys! Alright, so my buddy and I are working on starting a company, and with that company would come industrial area. Now I know a lot of people love taking awesome pictures of their cars in industrial areas, so we've come up with a small plan. Basically, a photo day. Open up the inside and outside of the facility (it's very large and open!) and bring in some professional photographers for you guys to use.

So basically, bring your car down for the day. Depending on how the photographers go, pay a small fee for them, come in, and get some awesome pictures taken of your ride! Pictures will be edited by the photographers and sent to you via email or you could have prints made and sent out to you.

It's not a for sure thing as of yet, just tossing around some ideas. So, figured I'd ask you guys for some input on this. What do you think? Thoughts? Suggestions? What kind of pricing would you feel is fair for an event like this?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Just so everyone's clear, there would be NO CHARGE FOR USING THE LOCATION. ONLY CHARGES WOULD BE TO PAY PHOTOGRAPHERS FOR THEIR SERVICES.
    Last edited by Snake556; 08-20-2010, 03:45 PM.
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Originally posted by Snake556 View Post
    What kind of pricing would you feel is fair for an event like this?
    Pricing to allow your shop to be used as a photo shoot backdrop ? nothing.
    I am sure anyone interested in doing something like this can contact a Photographer directly and drive into most Industrial areas after hours or on a weekend, free of charge.

Am I missing something here ? or is your property really that special ?

Comment

Hey guys! Alright, so my buddy and I are working on starting a company, and with that company would come industrial area. Now I know a lot of people love taking awesome pictures of their cars in industrial areas, so we've come up with a small plan. Basically, a photo day. Open up the inside and outside of the facility (it's very large and open!) and bring in some professional photographers for you guys to use.

So basically, bring your car down for the day. Depending on how the photographers go, pay a small fee for them, come in, and get some awesome pictures taken of your ride! Pictures will be edited by the photographers and sent to you via email or you could have prints made and sent out to you.

It's not a for sure thing as of yet, just tossing around some ideas. So, figured I'd ask you guys for some input on this. What do you think? Thoughts? Suggestions? What kind of pricing would you feel is fair for an event like this?

Thanks guys!

Sounds interest, I think pricing would be depended on how the shoot would be set up. If your throwing shop banners in the backround and what not trying to help advertise then I think your slandered shot/email sent with some quality photos should be free, while a prints would cost a few buck to help out the photog.

Thing is tho, no one will pay unless said photog is well established, I dont think anyone is going to hand over cash with out seeing previous work.

Just a personal opinion take it with a grain of salt.
      Automotive photos from around the Pacific North West.
      www. BigBoyMedia.net

Comment

I'm not saying pay to use the facility, any pricing would be payment for the photographers' work. Obviously, photographers wouldn't just be "Hey, you ever used a camera before? Awesome, come take some pictures". We'd have a selection of professionals arranged and the list (with portfolios) available before hand. Joker, I do agree on email sent shots being free, but small fee for prints (they aren't too expensive to print nowadays).

As for banners and whatnot, we'd definitely be willing to post banners from companies/groups.

Dreamer: This isn't something where we're going "Pay to use our building". I'm well aware that you -could- just drive up to any industrial area and take pictures. However, getting INSIDE of those buildings is a little bit harder, if not usually impossible, and inside is an EXCELLENT place for shots. Please don't think we're doing this because we think we're "special" and can get away with asking people to pay us to shoot there.

So in short, we're pondering having basically a big car meet day with photos as well. Come to the building, meet some other owners, hang out, have some awesome pictures taken of your cars, have some food, hang out, whatever you wanna do. Figured I'd come to you guys for some opinions.
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

as a Photographer (use to do it professionally) there is no way I'd pay for a location, ever.
          Resident 240 owner, grip not slip

Comment

I really should re-word that first post... I meant that photographers would get PAID. Not pay to use the location lol. Obviously photographers would be taking time out of their own schedules to come down, and would definitely be compensated.

However, after some deliberating and some surveying, we've decided not to go ahead with this idea for the time being. So, I suppose scrap this thread?
            ...don't drink and ebay
            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I think he is trying to say that you basically bring your car, pay X$ and get X amount of pictures in return, taken by a professional photog.

He is not trying to charge to use the facility.

Geez guys, reading comprehension! Did any of you go to HS? I figured it out the second post when he clarified and you guys are still going off.

TROL

Comment

^I approve of this post.
                03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Yeah, Falcon, you're dead on there! Thanks lol. Wasn't sure if I was communicating clearly enough
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                    I think he is trying to say that you basically bring your car, pay X$ and get X amount of pictures in return, taken by a professional photog.

He is not trying to charge to use the facility.

Geez guys, reading comprehension! Did any of you go to HS? I figured it out the second post when he clarified and you guys are still going off.
                    It was pretty painful to read what ppl said after the OP posted clearly regards to his ideas ie: helping photographers and local members.

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                      Haha! Beat you! I got it after reading the first post.
                      Snakes, you communcate just fine! My only question was what you'd get out of it....

Cheers,
                      Dan
                      sigpic
                      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

someone once told me that its better to be thought an idiot than to open my mouth and remove all doubt.

Thats why i dont post my opinion much

Comment

Hah, thanks Dan! And to be honest, nothing. I'm not looking to get anything out of it. I just thought it'd be a damn cool idea to have a meet in a badass building with some other owners, have some food, chat, and have some pictures taken of the cars. More or less a big get together (and, if all goes according to plan with this facility, some driving fun?)
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Cortexx, whoever said that is wise beyond their years :P
                            ...don't drink and ebay
                            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I like the idea of this , BBQ ?

Hah, thanks Dan! And to be honest, nothing. I'm not looking to get anything out of it. I just thought it'd be a damn cool idea to have a meet in a badass building with some other owners, have some food, chat, and have some pictures taken of the cars. More or less a big get together (and, if all goes according to plan with this facility, some driving fun?)

Comment

Working...
                              X