• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone read this ?

ya i read this earlyer today..

what a crock..
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Yep, first thing this morning, also I was emailed this info from an article:

"OTTAWA _ The Canadian Auto Dealers Association holds a press conference calling on the government to close a regulatory loophole that allows right-hand drive vehicles into Canada. (1:45 p.m. at Room 130-S, Centre Block, Parliament Hill)"

Check out my YouTube Channel - HERE
      Check out FS Motorsports - HERE

Comment

what is this garbage? Loophole? What loophole? Interview with one regular joe mechanic who doesn't recommend a rhd car to the average consumer. I agree with that but not so much as it's "completely different" but the point about getting parts, repairs/work done. Should consumers do research before buying a vehicle, especially an import, yes, should it be banned because it takes a bit of buisness away from CADA, no.

I doubt that CADA gives a rats ass about safety, seeing some of the "certified used" cars for sale it's fairly obvious safety is not a priority. It's just an excuse to get their business back.
        Last edited by Wolfattak; 10-20-2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

i wonder if that mechanic thought that the toyotas with no brakes were dangerous even though they were sold in north america.

Comment

or how about a plymouth neon leased and the cert. passed with "12inch of heavily corrodied brake lines, leak at engine exhuast manifold, enigne light on" as inspected by mto
            they gave a warning to them... booo at least i got out of the lease ,,, i hope/// who know what the crooked sales guy did with my info

Comment

Why does the media always come across as being hilariously retarded when it comes to RHD related stuff?

"Be careful, this rhd import might be hard to find parts for because it was never sold here". you don't say?

"Importing RHD is done via a loophole". no, it's actually a very specifically worded law, no loophole involved.

Do they even research what they publish? (Don't answer that, it's fairly obvious that they don't)

Comment

I typed up a response to this article. Hopefully it gets approved. I even refrained from swearing. It wasn't easy, considering the nature of the article.

Anyone who believes a word of this article is a brainwashed, spoon-fed monkey.
                Last edited by QuietChaos; 10-20-2010, 10:16 PM.
                03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Why is it only ever THIS stupid news site that posts negative info on RHD vehicles? I honestly can't find a reputable news site (Read: one that people care about) carrying ANYTHING negative about RHD cars. It's always this stupid News1130. I swear to god, they're like the tabloids. Their writers are clearly morons that are incapable of doing their research properly... Ugh, that site seriously pisses me off
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/201...ve.html?ref=nf

there you go, reputable news source with just as much mis-information. Apparently news writers are incapable of understanding the difference between a claim and a crash.

"If you increase the threshold for the suspension of these safety and environmental regulations to 25 years, as the Americans have done, as the Australians have done, as a lot of our trading partners have done, you're going to stem the tide of these right-hand-drive vehicles coming into Canada."

Australia? Really? When did this happen, I call bs. Not to mention the ONLY majour trading partner to enact a 25 year regulation would be the U.S.

Reading through the comments, I'm guessing this showed up on IVOAC. RHD community is strong and ready for battle it seems.
                    Last edited by Wolfattak; 10-21-2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

The media is hardly misinformed, just biased. Maybe they're under pressure to post this s*** or they're getting paid for it. I wouldn't be surprised if CADA was paying off news sources.
                      03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
                        http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/201...ve.html?ref=nf

there you go, reputable news source with just as much mis-information. Apparently news writers are incapable of understanding the difference between a claim and a crash.

"If you increase the threshold for the suspension of these safety and environmental regulations to 25 years, as the Americans have done, as the Australians have done, as a lot of our trading partners have done, you're going to stem the tide of these right-hand-drive vehicles coming into Canada."

Australia? Really? When did this happen, I call bs. Not to mention the ONLY majour trading partner to enact a 25 year regulation would be the U.S.

Reading through the comments, I'm guessing this showed up on IVOAC. RHD community is strong and ready for battle it seems.
                        australia brought in a law that protected the domestic manufacutures and dealerships by not allowing vehicles that were available new at one point... so you couldnt import a civic if you could already get them... i am in favor of this law... it makes logical sense... and i have no problem with protecting dealerships and manufacturers in this way...

the USA didnt 'change' any laws... in fact it is us Canadians who changed laws... back in the 70's we changed from a 25yr rule to a 15yr rule too allow the collecting of old european vehicles...

alot of the comments are gold... especially the ones from people who do not own a RHD but can see through the wool that CADA just wants to protect there profits...

the more articles like this get out there the more people will question the motives behind it... the nay sayers will change the tune they sing over time... so please CADA please get your head economist to tell us all about safety... cause that makes sense to me
                        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                        \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                          australia brought in a law that protected the domestic manufacutures and dealerships by not allowing vehicles that were available new at one point... so you couldnt import a civic if you could already get them... i am in favor of this law... it makes logical sense... and i have no problem with protecting dealerships and manufacturers in this way
                          Okay, that makes perfect sense. All I knew is that AUS is full of r34s and s15 and various new(er) jdm imports.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
                            Okay, that makes perfect sense. All I knew is that AUS is full of r34s and s15 and various new(er) jdm imports.
                            id like to add that australia is also very lax with this law... it is not uncommon to import a vehicle already available but it does take a few more steps...

the only problem i see with a law like this in canada is that it doesnt allow for high quality vehicles to enter our market...

a few years back at an ivoac meet there was a comparison of a 4runner and a surf... the surf looked brand new, smelled new and had less than 100kms the 4runner which was the same year had over 200kms, was rusted out, barely ran... the best part was how the owner of the surf paid less than the owner of the 4runner and got a nicer and safer vehicle all around...

so with instances like this it goes to show that even if the vehicle was available here, it doesnt mean that it is the best purchase for the consumer
                            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                            \'90 GTR32

Comment

CADA, Ottawa, ICBC, any form of `know it all-ism" who has clearly has not done the research that can justify their claims, can most certainly, shove it up their collective asses.

I'm so sick of this ****.

These cars are a part of our freedom - and like a commenter in the comments section of the article said, Japan, Russia, England, Brazil, Germany - they all have cars in their country (many in fact) with steering wheels on the other side. They do just fine. This has nothing to do with safety, this just has to do with North American money hungry new car deaers trying to get their share of the cake.

Little do they know that 90 percent of the time we pay cash out of pocket, not finance, our cars.

Bunch of absolute idiots if you ask me.

//Tempermental Rant Over
                              ├┼┼╕
                              246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

Working...
                              X