Samco Hoses Galore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samco Hoses Galore!

Ok So I was doing some research into getting some replacement hoses as these bad boys in my car are 20 years old. Anyway, I have the Samco Rad hoses in my car and they are awesome so I thought I would use Samco. Looking at the Samco website, and the stuff for the R32 GTR:

They have:
    1) Turbo Hose Kit, Part #TCS99, 2 Pieces
    2) Coolant Hose Kit, Part #TCS37/C, 2 Pieces (I believe I have this)
    3) Heater Hose Kit, Part #TCS37/H, 4 Pieces
    4) Turbo Hose Kit, Part #TCS37, 4 Pieces
    5) Breather Hose Kit, Part #TCS295/B, 3 Pieces

And to top it all off, I found an Engine hose kit:

(2nd one in link for $299) Seems to be made by JJR, but no website and I cannot click on the link...

Ok so, Iam not interested in Turbo hose kits but I am interested in the heater hose kit for sure. BUT does anyone have any information on what the breather hose kit is? Possibly to replace the intake piping??

Also, what is the engine hose kit? Anyone have it? Possible replacement of all vacuum lines??
    Last edited by aN4rk1; 11-05-2010, 10:26 AM.
    1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

breather hose kit

i soooo want

also want

omg want!

Last edited by frankiman; 11-05-2010, 11:16 AM.
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Yea saw the breather hose after some goolging. Still cant figure out what it replaces. It LOOKS like the intake piping, which was my initial though.
      And why would you want these for IC piping?? Hard Pipes ftwww :P
      What is the last pic from??

Comment

Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
        Yea saw the breather hose after some goolging. Still cant figure out what it replaces.
        huh?

its the 3 breather hoses at the back of the engine

seen in the very rigth of this pic
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
          i soooo want

Shoulda bought the Magnum XL's
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

yo im not sure they make these any more guys, thats why theres no photos beside the :bcnr32" parts spot... but if they do, id be curious to see some photos first
            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
              huh?

its the 3 breather hoses at the back of the engine

seen in the very rigth of this pic
              Ahhhh yes I see now! I had plans to weld in fittings and use braided lines but this mine work too!
              Get a nice theme in my engine bay going!

Comment

They look nice but they won't last nearly as long as the OEM rubber hose. life span of the silicone hose are way shorter than the rubber stuff nissan has. I would'nt do it if this is your everyday car.
                Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

^^ how so? The cars are close to 20 years old and some of the hoses is my car are starting to show their age. I have the samco rad hoses in my summer daily driver r32. They look and work great!

Comment

I;ve seen the old silicon hose effect.. what happens after time is the silicon starts to swell up and get "crunchy/spongey" thats what he's talking about.
                    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

I wouldn't. See, our car are 20yr old and oem rubber are starting to get tired. These oem lasted 20 yr. Why not just a new set of OEM rubber? Anyways. I will when I get my motor out.
                      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                        I;ve seen the old silicon hose effect.. what happens after time is the silicon starts to swell up and get "crunchy/spongey" thats what he's talking about.
                        yup..after certain amount of heat cycle, the silicon will break down and becomes crunchy. They will only last you maybe a year or two before they go bad. The OEM one will last you another 20years.

I would understand if you are using just for boost gauge, just don't use it in place where it sees alot of heat and weather..
                        Last edited by C-unit; 11-05-2010, 03:01 PM.
                        Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Samco doesn't have silicone on the inside. Its a plastic tube wrapped in silicone or whatever. I have a handful of key chains from sema a few years back so I can see right now. The silicone doesn't get exposed to whatever passes through it. I think they are a good design from what I can see. It's the no name crap that doesn't have the "special tube" on the inside that gets rotted from inside out and gets nasty, flimsy like what your are referring too. I never seen a Samco hose do that.
                          ALLEN PETERSEN
                          Number (604) 961-2449
                          4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                          RB30`s for sale!

Comment

is it safe to say a full engine kit for the gtr would fit a gts also? any differences between rb20 and rb30?
                            - Adam

:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

OEM rubber hoses (under the plenum) is over $350. The samco hoses were close to $500.
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X