B-C Pillar Vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-C Pillar Vinyl

Hey guys. I searched a bit and couldn't find a thread for fixing the vinyl covering the B and C pillars.

Basically the vinyl covering the pillars is completely unglued on the B pillars and it's ridiculously ugly. I was wondering if I'd be able to properly fix them. I've tried contact cement but the vinyl is too tight when you try to put it back into position so it never holds.

It's fixing it or replacing it, it's that bad.

Just wondering if you guys ever dealt with that problem.
    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

I would be cautious when removing any pillar. The plastic is already rather thin and after twenty years is extremely brittle. Mine literally crumbled into pieces when i tried removing it.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

yes that plastic is brittle as hell.

What I'd do is to paint etching primer, then spray adhesive and wrap.

Mine just shattered apart so I'm just rocking w/o them. Looks ok.

Comment

Yeah take them off, save an extra 25g of weight.

But yeah mine are also super dryed up / cracked / shattered / you name it. I still find pieces of plastic under my seats now and then.

I figure it's probably easier to just buy good ones, except no one ever sits in my back seat, it's way too crammed with the roll cage.
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably revive the thread for next summer when I'll do the job.

Originally posted by M13 View Post
          yes that plastic is brittle as hell.

What I'd do is to paint etching primer, then spray adhesive and wrap.

Did you have to do anything to make it look ok? Like paint the bare metal? Got a picture of how it looks?
          1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Is that the pillar by the small window mine cracked in the corner and looks bad
            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Weight SAVINGS!!!111!

Those things are heavy.. If you're not running a back seat, might as well toss em. Also a good excuse to put in cross bracing/cage and looks way more bad ass.. lol

Mine are all broken up as well. They're not as resilient as our "wooden" front door panels lol
              Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
              www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
              Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
              Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Anyone got a picture of how the pillar looks naked? Maybe I'll just rip it off, it's better than looking like I have two strips of yellow flapping skin in each rear pillar windows.
                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Working...
                X