GTR centre console boost gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL frank ok i won't tell anyoine! hhaahha

yo that talon... LMAO!!!!....and then the kid picks up the super heated rod caps... LOL and ouch!!! thats hot hahahahahahahah
    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

So 40mm gauge has the potential to fit?

Comment

yes, but you'll still have to customize the module some to fit the gauge into it
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Yeah I was expecting to have to do that, just hoping it can look very close to factory when its all done. The only small boost gauge I can see that might work is the Omori 45mm meter. It a nice looking gauge but also kinda$$. I am suprised that there isnt a wealth of knowlegde for a mod like this. Where does everybody put their gauge...on the pillar=thumbsdown

to me thats like having a 6" dash mounted tach on a street car...brutal

Comment

In my i use mines gauges that goes up to 1.4 bar i can post a picture if you like
            In the Garage
            1993 Bnr 32
            1992 Eg6 B18c6 swapped
            2010 Ford Focus

Comment

That would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Here it is

I can send it to you with higher resolution if you want.
                In the Garage
                1993 Bnr 32
                1992 Eg6 B18c6 swapped
                2010 Ford Focus

Comment

marc has his on top of the dash (or in the custom mount in the center vent, not sure which is which)

josh has his mounted on the A-pillar (freaking Defi's make me jizz in my pants)

and on top of the nismo unit, i got an autometer one bolted to the steering column cover
                  this way its easy to keep track of boost with speed and rpms

Last edited by frankiman; 12-08-2010, 03:29 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsmart View Post
                    Yeah I was expecting to have to do that, just hoping it can look very close to factory when its all done. The only small boost gauge I can see that might work is the Omori 45mm meter. It a nice looking gauge but also kinda$$. I am suprised that there isnt a wealth of knowlegde for a mod like this. Where does everybody put their gauge...on the pillar=thumbsdown

to me thats like having a 6" dash mounted tach on a street car...brutal
                    Pillar = gay = functional

Looking to your centre console at 20psi = skyline in ditch
                    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

it's not at all in the way when its mounted on the pillar. maybe you should sit in a car that has pillar guages and you'll see, they design the mounting system so that its outside your focused field of vision, but you can see if a guage is beeping and flashing at you from the corner of ur eye, thats why we put them there.
                      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Im not trying to diss anybody who has gauges on their pillar. I understand the visibility of it and all that its just not my taste. I dont find the need to watch my boost gauge while im driving most of the time. Also I dont have to look away from the road to see the centre console gauge as the needle movement is very visible in my peripheral vision.

Anyways thanks for all the replies. It doesnt look like there is an easy solution to fitting a better boost gauge in place of the old one. Ill update this with pics when I finish the project for anybody who is interested.

Dave

Comment

I think a nice way to go would be to make a mount for three 52mm gauges like the one for sale in the Auction Block.

It would be nice to find this mount for sale somewhere..... I would buy one...

Comment

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/unive...gauge-pod.aspx

or just search on the internet for triple din gauge holder.

Comment

i didnt really want to place all gauges and dont want to loose the torque-split gauge. im going to keep my eyes open for a decently prices nismo set but also pull it out and see about fitting a different boost gauge

Comment

FYI, the torque split gauge is in the cluster
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X