Turning my GTR into a drift beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning my GTR into a drift beast

whats needed to change my gtr into a full on drift car.... just curious what i need to do, its just a stock gtr with some light mods... whats the process and cost im gunna look at?
    1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Hi James, will the car be strictly drift ( not street legal and trailered to events ) or are you still wanting to keep it streetable but have it's main purpose in life to kick ass sideways on w'ends ? IMO ifyou are looking for a track only drift car you willhave better luck gutting a gts and using that as you base to get started
    "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

BN Sports kit and kick ass shiny rims please?

Comment

The most cost-effective way is to sell your GTR and get a GTS-T, 240sx or something RWD instead... To convert a GTR to a ture, proper RWD (not pull the RWD fuse crap) will require a lot of GTST drivetrain and suspension parts. That will required a lot of parts and labour. And at the end of the day the car will just be like a GTST with RB26 and GTR shell. I dont think it is worth it unless you have a lot of money/time and you want to be different than other people because your have a GTR drift car. Why don't you just get a proper RWD car and go from there. Sell the GTR to fund it. Or if you can afford it, get a second car and make it a drift only car.
        10 Infiniti FX35
        09 Infiniti G37X coupe
        02 Subaru WRX....sold
        01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
        90-00-08 BNR32
        92 NX2000...sold
        95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

trade ya for my gts hahaha
          Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

check out my build thread:
            Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

dude did you just watch a movie or something at your aunt house during the holidays?
              Chris

Comment

Haha nice. +1 to sell the GTR and get something cheaper to mod. I have a 240sx for the drifty stuff. They're uber cheap and easy/cheap to fix/modify.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

nope didnt just watch a movie.... just decided that instead of trying to have a garage queen id rather be one of the guys that can actually drive my car... it would need to be street legal, i would be interested in trading a gts for it if anyone wanted to.
                  1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

i would be interested but i am kinda far from you lol
                    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Oh for the love of...

Comment

do it! i drove to lethbridge and back to get mine, and then you could give me all your gts parts trav! muhahahaha!

But yeah the maritimes is pretty far by car, thats like 2 days each way.
                        Originally posted by Paradis
                        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

what dreaded fist?... and id be willing to meet people half way
                          1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

Comment

Start with... Pull motor to replace oil pan, use RB20/25 oil pan, Rb25 transmission, RB25 yoke/driveshaft, 2 way rear diff, pulling all the attessa, removing front axles, GTS front spindles, removing abs, removing hicas.

There is some other stuff but I can't think of it right now.
                            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                            1969 Cooper S. Restored
                            1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

GTS spindles do not bolt onto GTR lower control arms,

GTS lower control arms does not fit GTR
                              GTS front crossmember doesnt not fit GTR

pretty much just pull the front driveshaft and call it aday.
                              Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X