Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 years... a milestone reached... considering packing my R32 in for a 350z.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years... a milestone reached... considering packing my R32 in for a 350z.

Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure yet...

I bought this car at the beginning January of 2006 and I remember the day I got it. I was super excited. From the day I drove it home to the day I had it fully registered and put on the road to the countless road trips. Memories good and bad.

The thing about this car some may or may not know: It's N/A and it's auto. Yes. Auto.

Some meets I went to I got sort of ridiculed for the choice. I miss driving stick sometimes but I don't miss the trouble I'd get into when it came to a heavy foot, turbos... all those naughty habits that come with spending endless amounts of money. That's alright. I used to be into it and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss any of it.

The amount of work, time, effort and the ongoing support and love I put into it (GTR brake, rotor, caliper upgrades being the biggest) and the up coming maintenance I am about to have done to it, makes me wonder how much farther I can go with this machine.

It's served me well. It really has... and I'm not sure as to where I can go with it without altering it outside of the boundaries I set for it. So I've been looking at another car I've been interested in since its release -- the 350z.

So, I'm thinking about doing what I need to do, keep the Skyline for another year and when the time comes, get the 350z or sell my Skyline to fund the balance of the new vehicle.

I'm not sure what I should do. I would like to hear opinions from fellow enthusiasts.

I keep in mind that the Z has gone down drastically in price (I've seen as low as $14,000) so I wonder how much I can sell my Skyline for and really, if I should.

I have a year to decide. Again, I appreciate your opinions.
    E-HR32 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS

Originally posted by ChasDuran
    They told me they had received complaints of a "rocket propelled something" terrorizing the area... I even ADMITTED it was me!

get rid of the pos.
    newcars are best.
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I remember when you got your R32..

it has served you well..

I personaly dont like 350Z so i would say dont do it..

also i dont like new cars.. i prefer to keep my daily driver at a value under 7000..

Also your car isnt worth much R32's 5 sp, turbo's are going for like 5k localy.

your car is mabe worth 3ish..
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

keep your skyline and continue to use it as your daily driver.... save your pennies and buy your 350z for weekends and nice weather... OR

wait a few more years and save during that time and then get an R34
        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
        \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by shadao View Post
          keep your skyline and continue to use it as your daily driver.... Save your pennies and buy your 350z for weekends and nice weather... Or

wait a few more years and save during that time and then get an r34
          this!!
          1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
          1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
          i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Hey, I am new to the skyline world but I have been building project cars for the last 15 years. The one thing that most of us have learned is once you sell your ride/project car you eventually end up buying another and starting all over again. Hard thing to give up .
            If you can keep the Skyline and get the 350z I would do that, gives you peace of mind long term.

Comment

wowza... and auto NA skyline.. thats like driving a maxima?

Comment

plus, not being an ass or anything, but an auto NA skyline is worth much anyways, you're probably either gonna have no buyers, or you're gonna sell it at a HUGE loss, so you might as well just keep it?

Comment

The 350 is much nice than R32s and stylish, not boxy old school looking. It is not cheaper to modify though. I'd go for a 370.
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

ew, 370's are hideous!

If you feel that it's time to move on from your skyline, than I would definitely go for a 350Z, always been one of my favorite looking cars, so sleek and powerful!
                    Originally posted by Paradis
                    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

The 350Z is an excellent platform. I had the chance to drive one with a few mods (9 lb flywheel, ECU dyno tuned, stripped interior, full exhaust and 285 Hoosier A6's all around) at the Packwood Solo 2 a few years ago. The car was amazing and while I only came in 4th, the owner of the car who I was co-driving for won the BSP class. And this was in a big field of cars.

350's are easy to make fun and fast. I say go for it and try something new. And they can be had for a dime these days. Either a 350Z or get an AP1 S2000 and throw a Kraftwerks Rotrex supercharger kit on it. Those are my votes.
                      Last edited by falcon; 01-14-2011, 12:14 AM.

TROL

Comment

What I'll probably end up doing is I'll most certainly be keeping my R32 and in a year or so I may get a 350z and park the black beast 6 months out of the year. Y'know, rotate it in and out according to seasons.

My heart is still on the 350z but I still love my Skyline. We've been thru too much together. So no, it's staying. But I do appreciate the input.
                        E-HR32 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS

Originally posted by ChasDuran
                        They told me they had received complaints of a "rocket propelled something" terrorizing the area... I even ADMITTED it was me!

Comment

yeah keep the thing unless you can find some kid who just got his N to get a "skyline".

350's are fun, but I don't like new cars personally.

Comment

Now that's a good plan, keep the Skyline as a winter beater.
                            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by Trace View Post
                              What I'll probably end up doing is I'll most certainly be keeping my R32 and in a year or so I may get a 350z and park the black beast 6 months out of the year. Y'know, rotate it in and out according to seasons.

My heart is still on the 350z but I still love my Skyline. We've been thru too much together. So no, it's staying. But I do appreciate the input.
                              Hey buddy, I personally own a 04 G35 for almost 2 years now. I use it as my commuter and drive all year long. As you may know, 350Z and G35 are very similar machines. I tell you this because I want you to believe me when I tell you that owning this car, especially used, is quite expensive. So you need to think about what you gonna do with the car.

If you use 350Z as your commuter, the maintenance on it gonna be pretty high, and you will have skyline on the other hand to worry about. If you still commute with your skyline after you bought a 350Z, then I suppose you want to do some mod on ur Z. Just so you konw, parts for that machine can get quite expensive, if you are looking into some serious tuning.
                              That`s just my 2 cents. Goodjob that you are thinking 1 yr ahead and good luck with watever you want to do!

Comment

Working...
                              X