Adding fabric to door panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bossman View Post
    If the old vinyl is shriveled then you can try stretching it back by steaming it.
    Clever
    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
      The contact cement was fresh and I was doing it in hot summer sunlight, so the panels must of been warm. The vinyl is probably gone though, it seemed too small/taut to cover the panel, as if it shrivelled up.

Anyway, I'll try the glue next summer and if it doesn't work I'll run the pillars naked for a while. Thanks for the tips. I hope I can find a decent detailer in Moncton to clean the rest of the interior.
      There's a guy in Bathurst, by St-anne I think. He does wonders on interiors and is well priced. Ask around town, when you get back.
      03 lancer dead
      68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
      05 chevy silverado L33
      2010 crv Wife's ride
      1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

carbon fibering anything on the interior ftw!
        Originally posted by Paradis
        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

well in my gtst 4dr i replaced the old fabrique with carbon fiber vynil, sounds gay but i used to work at a vinyl shop and its the best quality vinyl possible, you can heat it up with a heat gun and once it cools down it hardens into the shap its in, not like typical vinyl and it has a texture, its not just a print, u cant feel it. and i covered all the pillards and re did the head liner, and sun roof thiny. everything except the doors is now black swade.looks really good, updates the interior, just need new seats now. some nice brides, but redoing the other stuff is very cheap, material isnt much for all the swade. like 50$. and a couple cans of the 3m 90 fabrique adhesive. now just finishing up the the speaker pods in the doors for my nice focals which will also be covered in carbon fiber.
          89 r32 sedan

Comment

i know someone who did black suede on the headliner in a pontiac g6, looks really good actually!
            Originally posted by Paradis
            ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

I hit up a fabric shop and found some that was similar to the stock fabric. Then just used 3M spray glue to get it on there. However I was not overly happy with how the glue worked. That being said, if you can avoid it, DO NOT use liquid glue! It will only hold the material in certain spots. This is fine as long as you never have to do it again. But if you do have to do it again you will be cursing yourself. Someone had already re-done mine and used some really heavy duty glue gooped on in random spots. As a result it ripped up chunks of the door vinal when I went to remove the fabric. Took me hours and a whole bottle of goo-gone to clean it decent enough to redo the job with new fabric.
              89' Nissan Skyline GTS-T
              90' Toyota 4Runner *winter beater*

Comment

Working...
              X