Anyone ever order from 1010Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever order from 1010Tires?

I've decided on getting some Falken FK-452's for my car, and I don't really know a good place to get them from.

I live in Peterborough and none of the local places I talked to can order these for me.

So I was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience dealing with 1010tires.com? Their prices seem good, plus they have a sale on these tires at the moment. I can grab all four tires for $1056 shipped.

Are they a trusted place to get tires from? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Jezu21; 02-28-2011, 09:09 PM.

Have bought 4 sets of tires from them. Delivered in 2-3 days every time and I'm in Alberta. I am very satisfied with them.

Comment

Be careful though, you might get the tires for cheap, but if you want tire shops to install them for you, then they will charge extra labour than if you buy the tires from them. Shouldn't make that much of a difference unless you know someone will install them for you cheap.

Comment

a guy i went to school with got a set of enkie ekm3's with rubber and payed like 1100 or something and they came all fine and dandy.
        Originally posted by Paradis
        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

i was looking at the same tires 255/40,called to 1010tires,to see if they have them,i have been told,it is not in stock and
          takes about 10 days to arrive to Toronto.You can also try Discount Tire, FK452 is cheaper there and they offer free shipping to Canada by UPS
          Skyline GTR R33

Comment

Originally posted by xyz999 View Post
            Be careful though, you might get the tires for cheap, but if you want tire shops to install them for you, then they will charge extra labour than if you buy the tires from them. Shouldn't make that much of a difference unless you know someone will install them for you cheap.
            Hmm, you have a good point.

My plan was to get the tires, then just take the rims and tires to Nissan or somewhere and have them throw them on for me.

I really don't know what else to do other than that.

Edit:

And I just checked out discount tire, the price for all 4 would be $790 "out the door". I took off the certificates for replacement though.
            Last edited by Jezu21; 03-01-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

They're good for their price. Got couple sets of tires from them numerous times w/ no problem.

Comment

I've bought 2 sets of tires. No problems.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by den80 View Post
                  i was looking at the same tires 255/40,called to 1010tires,to see if they have them,i have been told,it is not in stock and
                  takes about 10 days to arrive to Toronto.You can also try Discount Tire, FK452 is cheaper there and they offer free shipping to Canada by UPS
                  Can anyone tell me if Discount Tires do the brokerage for you like Tirerack for a flat fee ($20) or do you have to pay UPS?

Comment

Get federals from frsport for $400 shipped for a set!.....Okay I'm just biased towards drift tires lol. Try calling up discount tire I'm sure they can give you the low down.

Comment

I purchased a set of Tires (mounted) and Rims from them about 2-3 years ago. I had no problems with them.
                      An additional piece of information, back then they shipped through UPS, not one of my favourites.

Check out my YouTube Channel - HERE
                      Check out FS Motorsports - HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman View Post
                        Can anyone tell me if Discount Tires do the brokerage for you like Tirerack for a flat fee ($20) or do you have to pay UPS?
                        It says on the order form "Prepaid Canadian Teriff fees: $160", which is included in the "out the door" price.

So I'm not sure if that would cover all the extra charges or not, but I assume it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezu21 View Post
                          Hmm, you have a good point.

My plan was to get the tires, then just take the rims and tires to Nissan or somewhere and have them throw them on for me.

I really don't know what else to do other than that.

Edit:

And I just checked out discount tire, the price for all 4 would be $790 "out the door". I took off the certificates for replacement though.
                          Nissan would rape you up the bum with no lube if you tried to get them to mount tires for you, your best bet is to find a small shop that has a decent tire machine, the shop i go to for mounting only charges me $10/ea to mount/balance my 285/30/18 tires

Comment

Originally posted by Jezu21 View Post
                            It says on the order form "Prepaid Canadian Teriff fees: $160", which is included in the "out the door" price.

So I'm not sure if that would cover all the extra charges or not, but I assume it would.
                            Yes, that sounds about right for HST, environmental levy and 6% tariff so this would be the total price including brokerage. As for the cost of getting tires mounted here in Vancouver most shop charges $20 per tire with high speed balance. I would stay away from the dealer or big tire outfits and Crap Tire and like derk said find a local garage or small out fit.

Comment

Ok so I found a pretty good deal on some Bridgestone Potenza re760 sports from a place in town. He can get the tires and have them installed and balanced for $1022 after taxes.

He told me he doesn't like to sell Falken tires because they wear quickly.

So does anyone have any opinions on the re760?

Comment

Working...
                              X