What cage is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cage is this?

Hey everyone, I was searching around for Roll Cages for the R32.. And I came across this wicked cage that is quite baffling to figure out... I'm just wondering if anyone knows what cage this is? It's a Bolt-in and after reading around, no one's really giving me an answer. I hope someone can figure out this, please and thanks.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4QMisJPExZ...0/IMG_0299.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4QMisJPExZ...0/IMG_0305.jpg
    Now: 1991 Nissan Skyline GTR

GTR; how I've missed you.

That cage is way overdone. You are going to have to wear a helmet everytime you drive the car. Otherwise if you hit something you will crack your skull on the bars.
    1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
    2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
    2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Thanks for being useless at answering questions^^

MrDanno, to me, just by seeing the gussets in the middle of the cage, it appears that the back of it may be a weld in with a bolt in removable front for daily driving. Regardless of whether thats true or not, it's definitely a neat idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
        That cage is way overdone. You are going to have to wear a helmet everytime you drive the car. Otherwise if you hit something you will crack your skull on the bars.
        ^^ Probably right. A cage not built to spec is more dangerous than a cage built to some standard. And any of that cage is bolt in (as some of the front bars appear to be), it's probably more dangerous than no cage at all.

Looks like the back is custom, the front looks like modified cusco or something

Comment

Yeah, thanks for the help everyone. I was just curious because I've been searching for quite sometime and I've never seen a cage like that where it'd be a bolt in but looking that intensive.
          Now: 1991 Nissan Skyline GTR

GTR; how I've missed you.

Comment

Yeah if I was going to do a cage in a street car, no bars would enter the front of the cabin. It'd all stay behind the front seats. I value coherant thought :P

Comment

Working...
            X