RB turbo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB turbo help

Ok now before I get scammed how can you tell the difference between the rb25det turbo's

I have scene 45v1 - 45v3 - 45v4

if someone could help me out that would be great as the weaTHER IS GETTING BETTER AND i AM LOOKING TO BUY A TURBO WITHOUT BEING SCAMMED.

so if someone could tell me what each version goes to that would be great or even fill this list out for me

rb25det series 1 -
    rb25det series 2 -
    rb25det neo -

thanks in advance, Brad

sorry for the caps

Comment

The turbo I picked up recently from a RB25DET series 1 has 45v4 on the housing and is from a 1994 R33 GTS-T.
      sigpic
      89 Nissan Skyline GTS-t sports limited sedan
      4 door love.

Comment

also what is the difference in the versions?

Comment

rb25det series 1 - ceramic exhaust wheel steel compressor wheel like the rb20 turbo (safe for 15psi or 1 bar)
          rb25det series 2 -ceramic exhaust wheel, plastic composite compressor wheel (safe to 12 psi)
          rb25det neo - steel wheel everything, can't remember if ball bearing or not. handle whatever u want to throw at it.

Comment

dp you know the version numbers for those turbo's?

Comment

not a clue, from my understanding the s1 and s2 its pretty obvious looking at the wheel which one you have, plastic s2 vs steel s1, the neo, don't know visually if there is a clear difference besides 90% that i've seen all look like they are in far better shape. But if u can see the difference between a steel and ceramic exhaust wheel that will give it away.

Comment

ok, hopefully someone can tell me the difference between the 4 versions

Comment

ahh ic, i though it was just the material of the wheels, i'm sure skym knows, he'll eventually post

Comment

hopefully soon, theres an auction for a 45v1 which he says came off a series 2 but i dont want a ceramic wheel i want the steel wheel for more than 1 bar of boost.

would like to get a neo turbo but people dont reply to there pms

Comment

just want to make sure i am getting the right turbo, i have 2 - 45v1

Comment

if it came off a series two has that plastic intake wheel so its actually worse than a series 1, if you can't find a neo buy a series 1 turbo regardless s2 is not what you want.

Comment

ok, ya i got 2 series 1 turbos right now i am pretty sure of
                          both are 45v1 and dont look to be plastic wheels, i would just preffer the steel wheel
                          so i won't have any issues down the road with turning up the boost

Comment

yup if you don't want to worry about wheel blowing up definatly recommend staying away from that s2 plastic wheel

Comment

ok took a look at the 2 turbos i got and one is a 45v1 and the other is a 45v4

now can anyone tell me if either one is a steel wheel?
                              I took a magnet to the wheel and niether seemed to stick to it

Comment

Working...
                              X